Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Contact Dealer - Stability Control Fault

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
Hey all! Just got in my car to head out, car won't kick over. No sound at all when kicking over. Battery ok, stereo is on and Windows all good.
But getting the warning - Contact Dealer - Stability Control Fault.

Any ideas? Or will just call Holden

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520_104219_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240520_104219_Gallery.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240520_104140_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240520_104140_Gallery.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 26

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
sounds like a voltage earth issue, try a jump start might be battery. Check all earths

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all!

So with this, took it to the mechanic after it broke down, they couldn't find an issue but jump started the battery and ran fine after that.
Today it's broken down with "stability control fault" "low power mode" "safety mode" "check engine"
Running like an absolute piece of ****. Not driving it obviously.

Long weekend it won't get looked at for a bit.

Anyone experienced this before? I'm just about done with her

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
So, much the same issue as previous, and a jump start got it going, and the mechanics found no issues at the time they had with it?

Perhaps the first step is to replace the battery.

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
So, much the same issue as previous, and a jump start got it going, and the mechanics found no issues at the time they had with it?

Perhaps the first step is to replace the battery.
Similar buy this time the engine is running like a heap of ****. The safety mode and low power mode are new.

I'll replace the battery and see how that goes I guess yeah

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
There is no guarantee that replacing the battery will resolve the issue, but these cars are know to exhibit all sorts of faults when the battery is faulty or in poor condition. So, it is a good starting point, and with some luck it might resolve the issues being experienced.

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well
There is no guarantee that replacing the battery will resolve the issue, but these cars are know to exhibit all sorts of faults when the battery is faulty or in poor condition. So, it is a good starting point, and with some luck it might resolve the issues being experienced.
Well funny thing is I let it go cold, went out and she started fine, except for the check engine light as expected. I'll get someone to follow me to the battery store to see if she stops again!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When a low voltage condition occurs the ECM starts dropping systems off to ration power in order to keep the engine running. If the voltage becomes so low that even running the engine is a problem it’s going to run like ****.

Testing the battery is a basic procedure. It’s not going to be done well with a multimeter or engineering mode.

As a VE owner, one item everyone of you should own is a Bluetooth battery monitor by Century or a Topdon Bluetooth battery tester. That will actually load test the battery. It checks the integrity of the charge circuit and will report on the health of the battery. As in has a cell been compromised? How much charge does it hold compared to new?

Even a new battery can become rooted if there is a fault with the alternator.

If you get a new battery, make sure you reinstall the battery vent tubes to it. Really important.