Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Contact Dealer Warning/Error Codes VE SV6 09 Auto

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
SOLUTION FOUND, PROBLEM FIXED - REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP - GET THIS CHECKED! WILL SAVE YOU FROM GREEDY MECHANICS WHO WANT TO CHANGE THE TIMING CHAIN

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out, I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get this sorted and not getting anywhere.

I have had an ongoing issue with my VE SV6 3.0 L Auto 9.5

Error codes checked by auto electrician:
P2178 System too rich off idle Bank 1
P2188 System too rich off idle Bank 2
Contact Dealer Warning - no other codes

Impact: Car runs rough, struggles accelerating 0-60km/h - feels like there is no power, no push behind it. Struggles up hills. Does not enter limp home mode.

History:Installed a K&N air filter around 2-3 months ago. Good for 3 weeks then trouble with accelerating, going up hill. Took apart the air intake and found that the filter had left red oil all over everything. I cleaned the MAF and every other part but had no luck. Had no problems up until this point.

What has been done to try resolve:
Spent $$$ having car looked at.
02 sensors replaced front end. Back end cleaned and treated.
Intake manifold, and throttle body cleaned.
MAF sensor checked for malfunctions, nothing found.
Different Air Filter.
Fuel level sensor/pump assembly replaced around 6-8 months ago.
Serviced regularly and on time.
Spark plugs changed 6 months ago - platinum.
Currently at 142,000km.

What else it might be (own research):
High fuel pressure?
Leaking fuel injector? - Doubted by mechanics
Failed MAF? - checked

I can post a log on here of readings if needed.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited:

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Did you get your timing chain replaced??

Also fuel filter

Matt

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Sorry disregard fuel filter

Matt

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Go to a mechanic with a diagnostic tool and get them to check it,
That way they can test that everything works...

Matt

nashy92

Reaction score
Do you often run it on low fuel try filling tank up then get mechanic to delete codes and try keep fuel above half a tank for a few days to see if codes come back have you had any exhaust mods

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Go to a mechanic with a diagnostic tool and get them to check it,
That way they can test that everything works...

Matt

This was done, nothing else was coming up in terms of errors - they did generate a log for it that showed a whole lot issues with the fuel deliver e.g. -29% and then +11%
I'll see if they can send me a copy of this.

Do you often run it on low fuel try filling tank up then get mechanic to delete codes and try keep fuel above half a tank for a few days to see if codes come back have you had any exhaust mods

I always make sure I fill up the car before it hits 1/4. I was told do this by the auto-elec who installed a new fuel pump/sender unit in it around 6 months ago.
I tried running premium through it, hoping that would clear it.

Taking it to a different mechanic/auto elec tonight
The car is completely stock/

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
This was done, nothing else was coming up in terms of errors - they did generate a log for it that showed a whole lot issues with the fuel deliver e.g. -29% and then +11%
I'll see if they can send me a copy of this.

I always make sure I fill up the car before it hits 1/4. I was told do this by the auto-elec who installed a new fuel pump/sender unit in it around 6 months ago.
I tried running premium through it, hoping that would clear it.

Taking it to a different mechanic/auto elec tonight
The car is completely stock/

Took the car to a performance mechanic. The car was hooked up to a solus scan tool. The same fault codes showed up, nothing else.
The mechanic reset the fuel trim and a few other things. The codes have been reset but still not having any luck as the car is running half arsed.

Another mechanic suggested that it was the coil packs - correct me if I am wrong but are they a part of the spark plug/lead assembly?

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
maybe throttle lag. there is a problem with the throttle body where the signal doesn't marry up to the gearbox to well. what happands is that when you put your foot down. the throttle wont open up for a second or two. maybe something is triggering the throttle to not open. maybe explain why its running rich on both banks. try getting Holden to do a throttle body controller update.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
maybe throttle lag. there is a problem with the throttle body where the signal doesn't marry up to the gearbox to well. what happands is that when you put your foot down. the throttle wont open up for a second or two. maybe something is triggering the throttle to not open. maybe explain why its running rich on both banks. try getting Holden to do a throttle body controller update.

Thanks Max, will try that. Unfortunately went to start the car today and it wont turn over, just clicks. FML

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
dont hold me on it. but it may be the throttle body. get em to check it out and clean it maybe as well as the update. hope it helps ya.