Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Contaminated fuel

getmo29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic Edition S2 3.8
so made a post the other day about the car stalling because failed pump and i was right

got lube mobile out and i showed him the white gunk on filter and lines he said he never seen it before there was alot like chocolate milk looking gunk.

we dropped the tank and it was full off the **** except more white looking i cleaned the tank out and he came back today and installed the pump.

pump working again but car still would'nt start then his jump starter went dead he told me to take out the spark plugs and clean them and crank it a few times to clear the

contaminated fuel out, he said he could do it but have to charge hourly rate. just wondering is this good advice? we did flush the line with a couple litres of petrol so the line to the engine bay is clean already.

heres some photos of what came out the tank, i have notified shell petrol station and they are investigating and will get back to me.

http://s2.postimg.org/ns3e61cd5/IMG_2597.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/dompp1gy5/IMG_2598.jpg

getmo29

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update

I cleaned the spark plugs and turned it over couple times then had to jump start from another car took over 20 times to get it going then it was spluttering and struggling like it was running on a few cylinders i just left it running for 10 mins and it was running a bit better put it in to gear and it was hesitating i just kept reversing and driving forward then let it run for a while longer and all good now.

Only problem is after they put the fuel pump in we added 16 litres and i didnt notice until he was gone but the fuel guage was sitting on empty i went to petrol startion and added 27 litres so there was about 44 litres give or take and the fuel gauge is sitting just under a quarter . did he install it wrong or could it be faulty?

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
that was very nasty white stuff

would say that muck went right through to the injectors

if cheaper
get a quote from or business that does professional injector cleaning and rebuilds or a mobile one that comes to you

check the rail for any white muck ..maybe even the pressure regulator while there

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Didn't see it mentioned in the original post, hope you replaced the filter (the sock filter on the pump is just to stop big pieces of crap going through the pump).

Anyone you've pissed off lately that would've decided to dump a kg of sugar in the tank?

And yes, if the pump is installed incorrectly the float can catch on things in the tank and the gauge will no work correctly (although with that sort of crap in the tank i'd think that would contaminate the sender) did you cheap out and just replace the pump or replace the whole unit?

getmo29

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey yeah i did replace the filter too the first one was full off that muck chocolate milk looking stuff,
Only reason why i dont think anyone added anything to my tank is because there was so much of it in there that i would of seen the fuel gauge go up, and the petrol that was in there didnt have a stong smell of petrol like it was very water downed petrol.

Microbial Contamination | Avoiding Fuel System Wear & Blockage

I had a look on the net and it looks like bacterial growth from a corroded petrol station tank i probably got the last bit of fuel in the tank.

The fuel gauge sorted it self out after just adding another 25litres the gauage went to gull just going to keep and eye on it.

i got the job done by lube mobile as i didnt want to tow it again. he dropped the tank and i cleaned it out and he came back yesterday and installed it,
still would not start but he told me what to do so he didnt have to charge me an hourly rate. was lucky because lube mobile had a special in the area $380 for pump and install

normal price $460

D

devilly

well done :) lucky to get a nice person from lube mobile :) good to read it's all up and going :)

getmo29

Reaction score
Members Ride
well done :) lucky to get a nice person from lube mobile :) good to read it's all up and going :)

Thanks mate all running sweet now put a bottle of injector cleaner in her too.
Only thing is sometimes when idle seems like it misses a beat and drops revs for less then a second then come back this happens not often,
although that was kinda there before this incidence but seems likes it happening a bit more since.