Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conversion from a level 1 to level 3 cluster

COPTZR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 HBD\\VT ss\\VT calais
Hey Guy i have a manual commodore im doing a led cluster mod in and i wanna put a level 3 cluster in it while im at it is it just plug and play type thing or does something need to change
Cheers :)

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
it will plug in and depending on what doner it came out of ( eg : v6 cluster from a v6 car )
will work. you will need to get it reprogramed to suit, level 3 has more airbags, fuel tank size, if changing from v8 to v6, taco.
all this can be done with a tech 2 in vehicle

COPTZR

Reaction score
Members Ride
it will plug in and depending on what doner it came out of ( eg : v6 cluster from a v6 car )
will work. you will need to get it reprogramed to suit, level 3 has more airbags, fuel tank size, if changing from v8 to v6, taco.
all this can be done with a tech 2 in vehicle
okay thanks heaps it out of a vt v6 berlina auto and its going into a vt v6 manual so only things that need to change is fuel gage and airbag?

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
tanks would probably be the same, fuel should be ok, just airbags

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Setting are really easy to change with a Tech2. I did the same upgrade in my VU and had no issues with a cluster from a V6 auto sedan going into a V8 Manual ute.

However you can not change the odometer unless you buy a brand new cluster, and lowering it is very illegal. Because of this you'll want a cluster with very similar KM's.

COPTZR

Reaction score
Members Ride
im keeping car if i was to sell it i would change old cluster back in car there is only 10,000 km difference on clusters so does that matter?? also does anyone have a tech 2 that they would be willing to change it all for me $$$$?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
im keeping car if i was to sell it i would change old cluster back in car there is only 10,000 km difference on clusters so does that matter?? also does anyone have a tech 2 that they would be willing to change it all for me $$$$?

why would u change it back? just log it in your service book with what u have done so its all legit regardless if u keep it or sell.

COPTZR

Reaction score
Members Ride
okay no worrys because im on my learners and when i fill out my book it might seem sus so i may have to change the km

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i can program your new 3 window cluster and change the odometer to match your old one without it being fitted
PM me if you're interested

COPTZR

Reaction score
Members Ride
i can program your new 3 window cluster and change the odometer to match your old one without it being fitted
PM me if you're interested
that would be really good how much?