Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

convert vk efi to carby

johno1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore 3.3ltr
hi everyone, i am currently in the middle of fitting a carby/inlet manifold (from a vh) to my vk 202 which did have efi, from looking at the extractors that are fitted it does not look like the inlet manifold will fit. I am wondering if there is any way to make the manifold fit? or weather you can buy extractors to suite a vh 202 carby motor?

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
I've had this problem.

Except it was because I was given EFI Extractors.

THe intake manifold for a Carby will not fit when you fit the EFi extractors, Either get a custom made manifold, get an engineeer to make you one or get new extractors taht are made for a your engine. Just remember 202 Blue/Red extractors are different from 202 Black extractors

I'm curious as to why you'd want to convert to a carby? They're not as fuel efficient or powerful. If you were going to replace the varajet carby with maybe a 350 holley or a weber 32/36 you might be able to get EFI performance. but still, why?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
I'm curious as to why you'd want to convert to a carby? They're not as fuel efficient

Believe it or not craby was appently more efficient than the efi model when it came out