Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting Manual Windows To Power

petervy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
That’s not what you want to see.
Getting the windows going will be ridiculously difficult. The harness plug is part of the main dash loom.

Really, it’s going to require dash out and replacing the loom with one that has the window plug.
Allg thanks for help i do have the loom i need to exchange but won't be doing it if that's what needs to happen

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s a super big job.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you were to do it, you’d go all out and get a Stato loom or Calais with BCM changes etc and get some comfort goodies in the car

Reactions: Lex

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
If you were to do it, you’d go all out and get a Stato loom or Calais with BCM changes etc and get some comfort goodies in the car
If I’m not mistaken, it is the same as a winch. The power is reversed to send the window up & down. So in reality you only need a 6 pole momentary switch with a common positive in the middle & the other wires to the window motor. When you press the switch it winds the window down & when you press it the other way it reverses the power & winds it up. It’s a redneck way of doing it but very simple & works. The only thing you don’t have but can easily add are limit switches to stop it in either direction.

Anyway that’s what I’ll be doing in my vs ute & it’ll work for me.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
If I’m not mistaken, it is the same as a winch. The power is reversed to send the window up & down. So in reality you only need a 6 pole momentary switch with a common positive in the middle & the other wires to the window motor. When you press the switch it winds the window down & when you press it the other way it reverses the power & winds it up. It’s a redneck way of doing it but very simple & works. The only thing you don’t have but can easily add are limit switches to stop it in either direction.

Anyway that’s what I’ll be doing in my vs ute & it’ll work for me.
switch will burn out after 30 seconds