Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting VL to VLT

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Hey there all, Would anyone know if a Garrett T25 turbo would suit the RB 30?? I have come across one from a friend just wondering if its worth getting......and also does anyone have a manifold for a VLT for sale.......I think i will need it to bolt the turbo on.......

Thanx for any help.......cheers

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
No t25 is a bit to small, these are sometimes used with the nissan E15ET (1.5L) for example. u should be looking for a t03 as a minimum or even a t04.

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Thanx for the quick reply tim......I am not after huge horsepower figures just something extra......Would it be possible to get the manifold and everything I need and bolt this one on (T25), then upgrade to a larger turbo later on....?
How do you think the T25 will go on the RB 30? I have been told that it will most likely boost very quickly so take off will be good but run out of boost around 3,500 rpm.....does this sound right....??

Thanx again for the help........cheers

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
im not sure about the figures, that does sound rite to me but im no expert. i would assume that if your running out of boost in otherwords pushing the turbo to far, then that can only lead to demage.
About what manifold to use, i would hunt around for a standard vlt manifold which suits a t03 and then find an adatper for a t25. or you could even get one fabbed up for possibly cheaper.
A vlt manifold will set you back around $200, adapter possibly $50, could be more since this is not a common turbo conversion but a t25 to t03 adapter would do the same thing.
I saw an adapter to bolt the t04 onto the standard vlt t03 manifold for $40 on ebay.

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
No t25 is a bit to small, these are sometimes used with the nissan E15ET (1.5L) for example. u should be looking for a t03 as a minimum or even a t04.

man if ya can wait till about the middle of november i will have a t03 but no manifold for sale, will have it out soon so i can tell ya if it has any shaft play :) , thats if ya interested!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
man if ya can wait till about the middle of november i will have a t03 but no manifold for sale, will have it out soon so i can tell ya if it has any shaft play :) , thats if ya interested!

Me? im gettin a t03 on friday dude..

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
One single T25 would be wasted on an RB30.

Two on the other hand...