Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Flush

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi just got the coolant from holden and the spares guy there said that an easier way to do it ( easier than the gregory's manual way of removing the knock sensors) was to remove the bottom radiator hose drain it then put it back on.
Then he said to remove the heater inlet pipe and stick a garden hose in there start the car while cold with the heater switched on and give it a good flush that way.
He said thats how they do it in the service area and this way it flushes your heater and block.
I am gonna do it tomorrrow was just seeing what you guys think cause from what i've heard these holden guys tend to like to talk rubbish :yeah:

Oh and he said a trick for bleeding it that they use is to get a large bottle of water and put it in the top of the radiatior so the level of water in the radiator is higher than the bleeder valve so it's easier to bleed. Sounds like it should work.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
That is the way I did mine yesterday except I disconnected both the heater hoses from the engine a stuck the garden hose in the heater hoses and in the pipes in the engine where I disconnected the hoses from but you have to keep the bottom radiator hose off until you are finished.
I didn't know about the bottle trick though, it's a good idea.