Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant issue with mates car

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
He said that it was running a bit hot so he checked the coolant level and there was none in the resevoir so he filled it up(half with coolant half with water cause he ran out of coolant). Anyway he told me that he drove it about 15km to training and back and he checked the level and the resevoir was empty. Does anyone know what could be causing the coolant to go so quick?

Any help would be great. Cheers!

It sounds as if If you only filled the reservoir, If so you wouldnt have possibly topped the radiator right up! Basically yuou need to fill the radiator and bleed the engine to get rid all of the air, then top up the reservoir...If the water still drops its level then you have an issue/ leak if the level is good after filling and bleeding job done. My VR Calais V6 had this same thing when I ahd it, and when i fully topped the radiator,and bled the system it was perfect after that!. Might be worth a look as the water level will keep dropping if you are only topping the reservoir up!