Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant leaking

Braiden fab

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vr s2
I just brought a vr s2 Buick automatic and there coolant coming into the car on the passenger side I’m assuming it’s from the aircon vents or something can someone help me out and tell me where it would be from exactly and how to fix it ??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A leaking heater core.
Dash out.
AC degassed
HVAC out.

New AC seals.
New heater core.
New Evap core for AC because you are in there and you don’t want to be doing this again any time soon.

I would try to find a spare HVAC, disassemble it, clean it. Put new seals in using k-flex closed cell seal/insulation from Hammerbarn. ($30)
Put the new evap and heater core in.
Then when you do the job, it will be done in a day.
Start it Friday night. Take Saturday and hopefully you won’t need Sunday.
Flush the cooling system. Bleed the air out of cooling system.
Regased Monday by the same mobile AC guy.
You are on your way with crispy AC and no leaky car.

Maybe a new TX valve for the AC and a new receiver drier on the front of the car

Braiden fab

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vr s2
A leaking heater core.
Dash out.
AC degassed
HVAC out.

New AC seals.
New heater core.
New Evap core for AC because you are in there and you don’t want to be doing this again any time soon.

I would try to find a spare HVAC, disassemble it, clean it. Put new seals in using k-flex closed cell seal/insulation from Hammerbarn. ($30)
Put the new evap and heater core in.
Then when you do the job, it will be done in a day.
Start it Friday night. Take Saturday and hopefully you won’t need Sunday.
Flush the cooling system. Bleed the air out of cooling system.
Regased Monday by the same mobile AC guy.
You are on your way with crispy AC and no leaky car.

Maybe a new TX valve for the AC and a new receiver drier on the front of the car
I don’t wonna replace everything I just wonna block it up or re seal it or re route it just for now

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Disconnect the heater core in the engine bay you have all summer to decide if you really like the car to fix it or not in most cases its the later.
Find the hoses that feed the heater core at the heater tap take one off the heater core and connect it to where the other pipe on the heater core comes from

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Disconnect the heater core in the engine bay you have all summer to decide if you really like the car to fix it or not in most cases its the later.
Find the hoses that feed the heater core at the heater tap take one off the heater core and connect it to where the other pipe on the heater core comes from
Yeap, basically what I did on the V8 for 6months before replacing the heater core.
Gets you back on the road with dry feet in about 30 minutes.