Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant resevoir help VE SS S2

Ice2045

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Commodore SS Z Series
Hey guys

Not sure how to explain this but a month ago I replaced the radiator with a brand new one and had flushed the entire cooling system. Ran perfectly and since then and the reservoir stick showed the tank being two dots full, allgood. But recently the tank was getting full and I started having air trapped inside the cooling system as I could hear the gurgling noise.

This morning I opened the radiator cap (also brand new and genuine) and radiator was low on coolant so I topped up with just over 3/4 of premix. Burped some air out and now its fine. My only issue is that the system isnt taking in coolant from the reservoir. Would the issue lie within the tube which pulls coolant from the reservoir? A clog? Old thermostat?

Any ideas please let me know.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
try new radiator cap if u reused it, its prob not working properly allowing coolant back into the system when it cools

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How much coolant did the rad take? VE V8 rad will always have some air in the top of the it after it cools down.