Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Temp Sensor

kurtbarker

Reaction score
Hey guyz, I have a 1984 Holden Commodore VK Berlina V6 efi 3.3

And I am trying to find the coolant temp sensor.
If you know could you please tell me what it looks like, where I can find it, and how to remove it... Thanks

If you wanna know why I want to remove it, it's because I have trouble starting my car in the cold, and a suggestion was made that I remove it to see if it starts easier, and if it does then it will need replacing etc. I just need to find it...

Thanks

Grunter

Reaction score
Its on the passenger side of the engine at the front, look near the first 2 injectors and right near there u should see a green connector. Thats the connector for the coolant sensor, just unplug it (dont have to remove the actual sensor from the head).

Just added a pic i happend to find, that will help you find it more easily.

Attachments

• Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 637

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
if your having cold start problems also check the cold start axillary air valve located tot he rear of the engine behind the dizzy, make sure it isnt full of crap.
If it isnt working it will run way too rich at start up.

cheers
Scott

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it may also be blocked injectors too the fuel rails in VKs tend to peel the cadmium plating inside the rail blocking the injectors, mostly this causes flat spots & hard starting cold

Cheers Rob