Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cooling Issues

Jimmy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V series omega
Turns out my water pump is also shagged and will need replacing.

Jimmy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V series omega
Repairs and maintenance are never ending, brother

:cry:

You're damn right about that. Now it looks like i'll need a new thermostat. The water started bubbling inside the engine even though the radiator was cool, the thermostat inside the car read fine and everything else was fine... -.-

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
When my thermo went off, the ecu didnt rear the error. But like you said radiator not hot but water bubbles in engine. Good you are changing it in one go. Btw how much you paying for waterpump? Excluding labour?

Jimmy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V series omega
When my thermo went off, the ecu didnt rear the error. But like you said radiator not hot but water bubbles in engine. Good you are changing it in one go. Btw how much you paying for waterpump? Excluding labour?

The waterpump cost me about $80, however i got my father to install it free of charge.

How much did it cost to have your thermostat replaced?

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
I got the thermo for 90-100ish and i had to pay around $300 on labour i recall. The mechanic took the gearbox down to take out old one and put back new one. Dont know if that was the correct procedure as i have been with toyota and its always above the gearbox and easy to reach. I ll get the water pump changed when i do the timing chain, which is due too... Its like a black hole money just keeps going in there