Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coonan's VN CALAIS Build up! FIRST CAR

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Here is my 1990 HOLDEN VN CALAIS! I only just brought it tonight, This is my second car! I sold my first car as an investment! Car has full climate control, Mint interior, 190,000 kms! Car is on stockies but will have rims on her this week :D Ive brought another boonger VN 5 speed for the full manual conversion in my calais ;) Should be a good build! Will post photos as i go :) Plans are to put the 5 speed in the calais, lower it all round on Kind Springs, Either hsv wheels or calais wheels with whitewalls, Put a stereo sub etc, Vs super 6 CAI, Full nolothane kit, letterbox grille, custom plates and more :)

vncalais.jpg

vn.jpg

the parts car

boongaa.jpg

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Got a set of wheels today! Brought some 17" VZ SS wheels with 80% tread for $250 with a half inch Snap on wrench worth like 150 and big Snap on tention rench so i was cheering! They look really good! Needs to be lowered asap! Going kingspring superlows all round? Car is eventually gonna have a set of sigs on it, but in time, are a very expensive excersise!
Took her out today with one of my mates twin calais :D Look great together!

wheelson.jpg

rhysandcoon.jpg

527226_3910813643528_2036513031_n2.jpg

Cheers Coonan! opinions would be apreciated cheers

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Looks good for a first car! The VZ wheels remind me of mine when I had them on.
Needs to lowered ASAP though.
Mine also had the 4 wheel drive height too! Hated it.
Lower and whack on some head light covers and a dash mat, for that grandpa look, when it's slammed of course.

And cos you mate has the same Calais as you, yours HAS to be the lowest.

PS: paint your fuel tank silver with black straps!

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Looks good for a first car! The VZ wheels remind me of mine when I had them on.
Needs to lowered ASAP though.
Mine also had the 4 wheel drive height too! Hated it.
Lower and whack on some head light covers and a dash mat, for that grandpa look, when it's slammed of course.

And cos you mate has the same Calais as you, yours HAS to be the lowest.

PS: paint your fuel tank silver with black straps!

Thanks man! Ahaha fuc*en oath! Needs to be lowered really soon! Will think about that ;) I am buying a big tank in the next few weeks and painting it silver :D

BRBVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP Exec v6
Woo another L-plater!
Nice calais man! I just brought a vp last night and you've got the same idea as me! but mine aint calais =='
Yeah lower it asap dude, chuck some KS ssl's on the back and some sl's on the front, will look tuff as balls.
Goodluck with your build dude!

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Woo another L-plater!
Nice calais man! I just brought a vp last night and you've got the same idea as me! but mine aint calais =='
Yeah lower it asap dude, chuck some KS ssl's on the back and some sl's on the front, will look tuff as balls.
Goodluck with your build dude!

Thanks heaps man! Oh sick, start a thread on yours! You can always make it a Calais lookalike ;) Haha in 3 weeks im buying brand new kingsprings and shockers for it :)

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Buying new alarm this week as this car is my baby and i dont need it going missing haha!! Swapped my 49cc pocket rocket for a Big tank for it, Gonna paint it Silver with black straps ;) Should look sick! Got a headunit coming for it also as now im listening to the wind -_- ! Will keep you all posted! Cheers :)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Hey mate nice car! Love the vn's! Lower it with the big tank it will look awsome!! Check my calais out i get my ls in 34 days...
cheers Travis!

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Hey mate nice car! Love the vn's! Lower it with the big tank it will look awsome!! Check my calais out i get my ls in 34 days...
cheers Travis!

Thanks bro! Yea should look sick! Ill check it out now bud! Cheers

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Went out to Upullit today and got some interior parts for my car like hoodlining retainer, Pillers, Speaker covers etc! Also brought a manual surround and good nice ashtray and also a hsv style grill ;D A mate of mine has been helping me out heaps! Couldnt of done it without him! Cheers

parts.jpg