Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coonan's VN CALAIS Build up! FIRST CAR

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Starting to come together mate.
Make sure you grab an adjustable Panhard rod, for the rear axel so once it's lowered, you won't have one wheel hitting the inside guard and one wheel 2 - 3 inches away from the guard.
And manual conversion, damn now I'm jelly....

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Starting to come together mate.
Make sure you grab an adjustable Panhard rod, for the rear axel so once it's lowered, you won't have one wheel hitting the inside guard and one wheel 2 - 3 inches away from the guard.
And manual conversion, damn now I'm jelly....

Thanks man will remember that! Haha im very keen for the manual conversion, its gonna be great :D Cheers

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Yea the manual conversion is a great upgrade!

I sold my VZ SS wheels tonight so its looking like crap back on stockies :( Gonna put a set of 18's on it now! Wanted VE SS or any other HSV 18" rims with no or fu*ked tyres in Adelaide!

Cheers Mike

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Brought some VE SS 18" wheels with two good tyres and two average tyres tonight for $450 hubbed already :D Im cheering, cant wait to get em on haha! Also got my big tank :D

tank.jpg

wheels.jpg

Was thinking about getting blue and whitewalls?? Opinions??
Cheers Michael :D

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
How about spend the money on a fresh engine rebuild. Have it running nice again. And take the time to rip everything out of the car and sand back any rust or anything. Lowering and 20's all that crap isn't exactly the best, try performance wise.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Whats the tank off? VN/VP or VR/VS?
Duel pump or single?
I had HEAPS of issues when installing mine. New pumps ALWAYS when installing one of these. Sucks having to pull the tank off every couple of weeks cos you didn't replace the pumps when installing.
Make sure ALL the damn fuel hoses are new as well, from memory there is one hose that isn't available anymore. Have to make one up using adapters...
There is a Walbro pump that fits the VN/VP duel pump setup, but the VR/VS tank (different Walbro pump)
It all depends on the fuel return line, weather its in the top of the tank, or with the fuel sender.

Another thing, if your going with the duel pump setup, make sure you have the factory bracket for the external (high pressure) pump to bolt too. otherwise, its a pain to mount as it only fits under there sideways and when the tank is half empty it makes a really loud, annoying buzzing sound....

Good luck!!

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
How about spend the money on a fresh engine rebuild. Have it running nice again. And take the time to rip everything out of the car and sand back any rust or anything. Lowering and 20's all that crap isn't exactly the best, try performance wise.

My engine is a 190,000 km great engine with plenty of power, no need for a rebuild! Cheers

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Whats the tank off? VN/VP or VR/VS?
Duel pump or single?
I had HEAPS of issues when installing mine. New pumps ALWAYS when installing one of these. Sucks having to pull the tank off every couple of weeks cos you didn't replace the pumps when installing.
Make sure ALL the damn fuel hoses are new as well, from memory there is one hose that isn't available anymore. Have to make one up using adapters...
There is a Walbro pump that fits the VN/VP duel pump setup, but the VR/VS tank (different Walbro pump)
It all depends on the fuel return line, weather its in the top of the tank, or with the fuel sender.

Another thing, if your going with the duel pump setup, make sure you have the factory bracket for the external (high pressure) pump to bolt too. otherwise, its a pain to mount as it only fits under there sideways and when the tank is half empty it makes a really loud, annoying buzzing sound....

Good luck!!

Not sure whats its out of but its a single pump big tank! Thanks for all that mate, will keep this in mind when i put her in! Ive got a mate that is a VN freak and expert so he has been helping me out plenty haha! Cheers mate

bobvr

Coonan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS INTERNATIONAL
Hey all, Been pree busy over the past week or so! Few new additions to my ride! Got new tyres fitted up to my wheels and fitted em on with new nuts etc! Looks great :) Also brought a new headunit for $100 :D Also brought a second hand sub and amp for $35 haha does the job good :)

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo9.jpg

Headunit is all mounted properly now :)
photo2.jpg

Also wrecked my other vn as i sold the engine :)

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

Cheers all