Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cop trouble.... Help

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I think I should start a thread that I tried to be nice to a P plater, I caught him doing the wrong thing gave im a caution and 5 minutes later caught him doing the same thing, so I growled at him and he layed a compliant about me because I yelled at him.

Are you a cop?

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Sounds abit far fetched to me :)

Mate I tried to be nice, it was late and nearly home time, a young P plater had illegally parked his car, the fine would have been around $225 I asked him to move on. He drove 200meters up road and parked I asked him if anything I had said before he didn’t understand all I got was attitude.( this was at an airport were parking is very strict) So now there is a 2 page complaint about myself and my partner, falsely accusing us of been bullies blah blah blah blah. I guess my point I was trying to make is that we always hear that P platers are always getting pick on boo hoo if they weren’t a bunch of sooks and kept their smartarse comments to themselves they wouldn’t get harassed.
Sorry guys end of my rant its been a shocking day.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Mate I tried to be nice, it was late and nearly home time, a young P plater had illegally parked his car, the fine would have been around $225 I asked him to move on. He drove 200meters up road and parked I asked him if anything I had said before he didn’t understand all I got was attitude.( this was at an airport were parking is very strict) So now there is a 2 page complaint about myself and my partner, falsely accusing us of been bullies blah blah blah blah. I guess my point I was trying to make is that we always hear that P platers are always getting pick on boo hoo if they weren’t a bunch of sooks and kept their smartarse comments to themselves they wouldn’t get harassed.
Sorry guys end of my rant its been a shocking day.

This can become a very two sided argument, on one hand we all love to see people get caught doing the wrong thing and want the cops to protect us when needed but we never want them around when we do the wrong thing.

I am going to cop alot of abuse for this, but a fair few P platers are ********s, your common young guys full of testosterone who think they are the king of the hill and are the most popular guy out there, they all think they are so good with whatever car they have, they have no respect, no honor, no integrity...and hence they make smart arse comments and get themselves and others killed in the process.

But then that is a small majority. People then cry out that P platers should have alot stricter conditions on them. So the government makes laws and legislates and sticks its nose far too far into society in the wrong ways as usual to fix a problem. LEGISLATION AND LAWS WILL NEVER SOLVE A PROBLEM Stupid laws like the P1 laws. Fair enough about no V8's (even though power to weight ratio was better, because some old V8's are less powerful than new 4 cylinders) and no mobiles etc, but P1 laws like no more than one 16-21 year old passenger at a time, is just ridiculous. It ruins it for the rest of us P platers who take care on the road, and are mindful and not stupid. If the government is trying to stop so many accidents/fatalities to do with P platers by limiting their passengers, then only more P platers are going to be on the road, some doing the wrong things time after time.

Introduce a better system for teaching Learners and new drivers to drive and cope with traffic conditions and control a car in different situations...

Think of it like an exam, lots of students are failing the exam, first reaction by the teacher is, "oh no one is passing the exam, let's change the rules of the exam so that people will pass" when there was nothing wrong with the exam, the students just didn't know **** about what was on the exam because they were never taught or studied....

FRICKING GOVERNMENT!!!! WE ARE BECOMING FAR TOO CONTROLLED!!!

Revhead-Ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II S
Holy Crap! Isnt it funny how the largest thread going is to do with p platers and cops! I myself am a P plater but ive only got pulled over from looking abit too young to drive thats about it.

I came on this thread 20 minutes ago and now theirs like 50 more posts lol

So whats the final outcome of the original question?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Holy Crap! Isnt it funny how the largest thread going is to do with p platers and cops! I myself am a P plater but ive only got pulled over from looking abit too young to drive thats about it.

I came on this thread 20 minutes ago and now theirs like 50 more posts lol

So whats the final outcome of the original question?

Theres at least 50 threads with more replies than this one........assuming you mean 'this' forum, theres other forums ou there with threads 100 times this size (relevant to the size community its on)

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
Yeah a good suggestion is to get out of the car with licence in hand, shut off the car of course first.
At least this way you cannot be intimidated by the cop talking down to your drivers window.
You can speak level face to face with the copper if your standing up !
This works I have done it before, I was running late to get to an interview.
In the end, take it easy mate, good luck with the interview.

Cheers ;)

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Tell him your going to start charging by the hour haha....Time is money mate.