Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cop trouble.... Help

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i like the costume idea, one day a rabbit, the next batman etc etc

You'd be on a first name basis now wouldnt you?

"G'day bazza, how's the kids n the mrs, still coming over for tea friday night yeah?"

hahahahaha, yeah, the costume idea would be funny as. ask if you can do a role reversal for something different, you drive the cop car and he drives yours. keep it fresh. haha.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
ask the cop out on a date and tell him you love it in the arse, maybe he will run away fearing penetration

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
but what if he takes you up on the offer? lol :eek:

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
haha nice ideas, but i'd rather not get defected, need to get to work.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
well being a smart ass to him wont help, so scrap those ideas.

Your best bet is to remain polite, and try to start some dialog,

since your being harrased may as well put your morals in the bin and do a little sucking up, although to be honest do what Minux said about the maps as well just in case being polite doesn't work out in the end, always good to have a plan B.

If you want to get a laugh out of him, the 3 inch rule for wheel size goes either way from memory, so go get a tiny set of wheels that will bolt on and ask him if your rims are legal :D

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Buy him some donuts tommoro, he might like you then :)

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
haha, i'm just not going to drive through gawler anymore, alot less hassle to worry about

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Gawler sucks dude, i never go there anymore because of that, every time i go through there i end up getting followed out of the town by a cop.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
^^ never had that issue myself

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you are constantly being pulled over by this one boofhead, you may have a fair case to complain to his commander.

If SA is anything like NSW, there could be a record maintained of each RBT check, at least for name, time and date of check. If you are only being pulled over at random, and not in a declared RBT stop zone, a notation should appear in the officer's notebook. Are you aware of him making any notations in his book whilst speaking to you? In theory, every stop you have alleged should be recorded and the Commander can check to see if you have been pulled over as often as you say. If no record exists, do you have witnesses to support your claims that he stops you as often as he does? If you have witnesses and can prove that you are being stopped as a daily occurrence, it will be up to the officer to explain why he feels this is necessary. Whilst he has a responsibility and the authority to stop you for vehicle, license and sobriety checks, it doesn't mean he can do it every day.

You have two issues. The first is the daily stops - that is over the top, even in a small town. The second is the fact that after about fifteen stops, he finally decides to tell you your car is defective. Why not the previous 14 or so stops? This certainly gives the impression of harassment, unless you modified it between the 14th and 15th stop?

The problem is, some cops love the power they feel they have over younger drivers, especially in a small community. You never know, others might have already complained about this bloke too and his commander might not be too happy to receive another complaint.

The thing to remember is this. If you are driving within the law when he stops you, he has no right to continue doing it as frequently as he does - that is definitely harassment. He could be playing on the fact that you are not likely to complain for fear of retribution, but he has far more to lose than you do if he is spoken to by his Commander and continues pestering you.

Find out where the area commander is (not the local Sergeant - you need a Commissioned Officer) and make an appointment to see him. Take witnesses if you can. Good luck.