Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cornering noise

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
I've got a strange one on all right hand corners I get a strange humming type noise I think it comes from the rear left somewhere but can't be sure the noise stops as soon as the the wheel is strait ahead again the noise does not appear for left corners.the noise also appears while reversing with the wheel right hand down.no noise from the steering turning lock to lock while stationery .any ideas ?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Take a wheel off and look

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Gossie I've done that all looks normal nothing lose.2018 rsv .

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I've got a strange one on all right hand corners I get a strange humming type noise I think it comes from the rear left somewhere but can't be sure the noise stops as soon as the the wheel is strait ahead again the noise does not appear for left corners.the noise also appears while reversing with the wheel right hand down.no noise from the steering turning lock to lock while stationery .any ideas ?

i would be taking it into a dealer, when you corner the twinster(rear diff) changes which wheel has power so it could be a problem with that.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Hi stooge the dealer had the car this morning turns out the diff is stuffed.a new diff on order will take two weeks to get here.lucky that one is available from Melbourne.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Wow the Twinster Diff is not having a good run. The SA police were giving them a good hiding a couple of years ago. Must drive them harder than the Holden Engineers.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Wow the Twinster Diff is not having a good run. The SA police were giving them a good hiding a couple of years ago. Must drive them harder than the Holden Engineers.
The cops will destroy anything. I worked at a Ford dealer for 6 months and replaced the diff in 1 of their divvy vans 4 times. Police cars were the only Falcons I saw rip engine mounts out. I always made good money servicing the cars of the local station as no service was ever just an oil change.