Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Correct Reverse parking and 3 Point turn?

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hey,
I go for my P's in little over a month, Ive been counting down since i got my L's, which i had been counting down to get since i was about 14. Because of this i think i would have to commit suicide if i failed my P's test...

Because the date is getting closer im starting to get nervous, im very confident with my driving, however its a couple of little rules that im not sure on (mostly regarding indicating) so im hoping somebody here can shed some light..

When Reverse Parking what indicating do i need to do while reversing? I know that when im leaving the parking space i have to indicate right even though i will be going left, so oncoming cars can see im leaving, however what do i have to do with the indicators when im reversing?

Also 3-Point Turn, really have no idea about the legal way of performing this. ..

Thanks for any help

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Seriously book one lesson with a driving instructor 50 bucks MAX for a lesson. Go for a drive with him he will not only answer your questions but also asses your driving ability.

Think about it you've been waiting so long yet you do not even know the basics to be frank with you. Don't risk failing.

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Seriously book one lesson with a driving instructor 50 bucks MAX for a lesson. Go for a drive with him he will not only answer your questions but also asses your driving ability.

Yer mate ive been for a lesson but it was in victoria (Im from NSW) , i live in a crap hole town where theres no driving instructor..

I recon i know what im doing, im just being over crucial, but i really do wanna go for a lesson before i go for my test..

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
i go for my p's next month aswell and ive had one lesson already and im having two before hand including one on the day. your instructor will pick up on things you are doing wrong or could do better and they will tell you how to do it properly

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I was taught by my instructor that for reverse parking, you indicate approaching the park, then when you put it into reverse you turn the indicator off.

He also told me that for 3-point turns, you slow and indicate, turn once, put into reverse + indicator off, then back into drive/1st + indicator on again. Not allowed to touch gutter or peoples driveways, roadway only.

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Not allowed to touch gutter or peoples driveways, roadway only.
When i went with a instructor he said you could use the driveway, as long as you didnt go on/past the footpath, or where the footpath would be

Jamie-b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Not allowed to touch gutter or peoples driveways, roadway only.
When i went with a instructor he said you could use the driveway, as long as you didnt go on/past the footpath, or where the footpath would be

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Not sure about NSW, but in Victoria when in testing they will look for adjacent kerbs, meaning no driveways available to use anyway.

And just a point when doing a 3 point turn, on the reverse make sure you turn your head around to look where your reversing. Do NOT use the mirror! Thats the only point i lost in my test :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was taught by my dad for reverse parking. Spent hours a few weekends a month in a carpark until i had it perfect.

When i went for my test, the instructor did it to show me, and knocked over his stick (lol) and i did mine perfect :)

Practice.....

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
also make sure u look over shoulkder when reversing at all times and not use the mirror