Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Corvette servo install VR

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I'm fitting a transgo 4l60e-HD2 kit right now actually. Just finished drilling the separator plate lol.

Only reason im doing it is because somebody dodgy had been there before me and shimmed up all the accumulators and removed springs so that there was no cushion at all. Wasn't sure what else they'd messed with so I've started from scratch with another valvebody and new separator plate this time.

Wholesale automatics in bayswater have a sale online atm too if you need parts. Thats where i got mine this morning

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I think that is the mob who is sending me the Vette servo piston.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I have a Vette servo piston about to be installed sometime today at the mech's. Question will he need to shim it? I don't think he would go that far as he is not a trans tech, just a regular mech who does most things but rarely any trans work.
Am I right in assuming he will need to dismantle the servo in-order to fit the new piston to the servo unit?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I have just got a call from the mech who can not fit the servo without removing the trans??? Surely this can't be right?? He is currently putting it back together as we speak. :(:(

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Fitted many in the car its almost easier than out of the car cause there's stuff to pry off to push the servo cover in lol on a hoist less than 30 minute job including loading the car on the hoist

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thats what I thought Delco. He said the trans would not drop enough. Y pipe is the only thing I thought that would make it a tad longer to do.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fitted many in the car its almost easier than out of the car cause there's stuff to pry off to push the servo cover in lol on a hoist less than 30 minute job including loading the car on the hoist
mech said that the internals of the servo are in too deep and that there isn't enough room to slide them out?