Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost of replacement VS windscreen

wardie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Anybody had a VS windscreen replaced lately? My wife got told by a copper today that she needs to replace her cracked windscreen or she's going to get a defect. I am going to call Windscreen O'Brien and others tomorrow but am looking for an idea whether they are cost effective or a rip off.

Wardie

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
if your from vic give this guy a call last one he done on my vr was only 150

wardie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Thanks for the replies, shows I need to shop around as the main players are rip offs.

droppedpiez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2 HSV Enhanced
or if you have full comp insurance u should get one free per year without affecting your excess

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My oldies just paid 220 for a new windscreen (fitted) for their VP.We are up in country NSW,so they should be available a bit cheaper in the city areas.If the windscreen you get is very cheap like 150 or less fitted,Id be checking that its a proper laminated windscreen,and not a cheap tempered glass version.Ive seen a few people get ripped off with these cheap type of windscreens.

droppedpiez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2 HSV Enhanced
laminated glass is the safety standard for front screens temperred or toughened is for side and rear screens only
if you get a tempered screen at the front get the thing replaced asap. tempered glass usually has a stamp in the bottom corner

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I had a windscreen fitted by NRMA Glass for about the $200 mark. Don't even bother with O'Brien, i got quoted over $400, suffice to say I said "thank you goodbye".

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
i rang around a few places and ended up getting mine for $195 installed, O'brian wanted to charge me $350+