Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Could Dilemma

B

bad_boyz

Hey guys,

I think one of the main things that's holding me back from buying at the moment is I can't find the right car with the right colour. I REALLY want either a red or dark blue commie but there aren't any for sale that suit right now. I may have to end up settling for a white or silver, but they're such boring colours and I want my commie to look good.

I want to respray the car, even if it's red or blue, anyway, and I wondering on the best way to do this. Bare metal and professional resprays are too expensive and not worth it, so I was really only wanting to respray the outside, but it would look silly if the outside was red or blue and the engine bay was a different colour. So I was thinking I might respray the outside first, then eventually the engine bay. That would mean the rest of the shell would be a different colour, though non visible. Would this look alright?

Also, what do you guys think of the two tone (i.e. blue/white/red over silver) on non Calais Commodores? Does it look alright, or Calais wannabe? I like the look of the two tone effect, also considering I don't plan on buying a body kit.

Please help

Cheers,
Adz

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Adz I'd say just be patient, wait a little longer and keep looking. Chances are, as soon as you but a white or silver commie, plenty or red or blue ones will be available

But if ur going to re-spray the car anyway, I'd get the best commodore in your price range now and save up until I could get a proper respray so it's all done. I know if I don't do it all other mods wil get in the way (wheels, exhaust etc) and finishing up the painting will keep getting put at the bottom of the to-do pile

Hope this helps
Good Luck

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
if you spray the outer of the car it will look ok untill you open the door and you will see the other colour and look silly just wait till you find the car colour you want and then like Pimpin said wait and do all the paint at once.

and if you want it two tone go for it who cares what other ppl think if you like it do it it's your car after all.

hope you have good luck in finding the car you want.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I say hold out till you get the right colour. When I bought my car, I mentioned to the dealer how many white cars there were on the lot. I told him quite clearly that he needn't waste his time showing me the white cars. If they didn't have what I wanted in a car in the right colour, I would have just hung out till they did.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
would have clashed with your complexion

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Hold out unless you find a car with 3-4k knocked off the price because the paint is trash.. So - hold out.

B

bad_boyz

Thanks guys. I've been holding out for 2 months now, to buy a $3k~ car.

It changes every day, one day it's the colour, the next day it's whether it has air con or not, then it's auto or manual, and so forth.

I've now increased my price range from $2k to $3k, considering I haven't had much luck finding the right car for $2k.

Cheers,
Adz