Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Couple of quick questions regarding strut braces and lowered springs.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Hey guys, got two questions for yas.

Firstly, thinking about adding a strut brace to my VS ute, is this worthwhile? And can it negatively affect my vehicles handling in any way? I'm considering buying a secondhand one I saw advertised for 60 bucks.
Secondly, I've been contemplating lowering my ute for a while now. What is the lowest I can go in the rear before needing to get new/shortened shocks? Ie- Lows, sl, ssl etc. I have done a little research on this yet I seem to be getting mixed answers so far, so would be good to have a definite response. Cheers. :) Again, I have stumbled accross a set of shortened shockers for 60 bucks, so am wondering wether I should go ahead and purchase them or not.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
Strut brace: Will improve handling a little but isn't worth it unless you're going to be slinging it around a track. Saving for a thicker front swaybar would improve handling ALOT more.

Super lows and lower need shortened shocks, the original shock won't trap the spring and has a risk of falling out.