Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CPR6 manifolds

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
its good to see people are starting to make some reasonable power with na alloytecs, shame no one in sa has had any real exp with them, i'd love to get my car tuned right and work done but everyone is saying all sorts of conflicting stuff.

i think i need to move to nsw just for CHE

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
im dead keen to try these manifolds... just waiting for the 08 software to tune monaro's car and all will be well :)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'm dead keen to try one and have the money waiting just worried about the afr limits of the stock tune.

Copbaitoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
CPR6 Manifold

The manifold does make a difference, havnt done a before and after on a dyno as yet. But do recomend getting a tune done. Factory settings are very tame.
As for the CPR 6 guys claiming to make that much power out of an alloytec its true! Seen the ute do some dyno runs, pulling some unreal RPM. Think around 8700 RPM limiter set. Full Motec system, Custom exhaust, Custom cams, Lots of intake work etc but all in all seen it pull big figures for a N/A 6
The engines seem to be good for it, very tough looking internally. 6 bolt mains, big rods, teflon coated pistons, heads look pretty good for flow factory.
Boost seems to bring these things alive, might look down that path one day. As for now naturally asprerated is what im playing with

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
With all this talking back and forth.............. I'm gunna get dizzy.....

The $$$ of the manifold vs a supercharger, you'd be an idiot to buy one "unless you already had a supercharger on" and wanted to add a bit more power. Not only that is only seems to promote top end speed "not overall power".

My question to CPR6 is this. Your 300hp atrw ute, what have you done to get it to that? I have every mod under the sun bar your rediculusly priced manifold and a supercharger setup.

But I'd be quite happy to look at cam upgrades etc. I'd just like to know "exactly" what mods you have to bring it to that level.

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
With all this talking back and forth.............. I'm gunna get dizzy.....

The $$$ of the manifold vs a supercharger, you'd be an idiot to buy one "unless you already had a supercharger on" and wanted to add a bit more power. Not only that is only seems to promote top end speed "not overall power".

My question to CPR6 is this. Your 300hp atrw ute, what have you done to get it to that? I have every mod under the sun bar your rediculusly priced manifold and a supercharger setup.

But I'd be quite happy to look at cam upgrades etc. I'd just like to know "exactly" what mods you have to bring it to that level.

so you have cams, motec computer, ported heads, and id say not as good a tune.....:hmmm:

anyway i belive the ute has a full built alloytec now, cause i have a feeling the original one ate itself

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
seeing as though these Q's are being raised.. i understand a lot of people talk dyno, HP and Kw gains.. has anyone tested the manifold on a standard motor to see exactly what happens?
what does it do when driving normal?
Better or worse fuel consumption?
Cooler Temperatures?
Can it be fitted with any other type OR Bigger throttle bodies
Would it get better gains fitted with a OTR?

and lets talk UNTUNED

Copbaitoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
My fuel consumption was better, more go from mid to high revs, gained and extra gear doing skids (3rd gear in a 5 speed auto) Havnt done a before and after dyno run, or 1/4 mile times but did notice the difference driving it. Also wicked intake noise, not that that makes any difference :p

In my VZ SV6 auto, done Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2 1/2 pipes, Hi flow cats, SS Growler intake then bolted the manifold on.
Need to get a tune done to get the best out of the combination of bits.
As for trying to get it going down low, changing diff gears soon from factory 2.88's to 3.44's

Seen bigger throttle bodies mounted to these (possibly off the Gen 4's??) but need aftermarket software/computers to run them I believe? Seen them run with Motec. Good example the CPR6 ute. But note it is a manual. Not sure if they have cracked into doing anything for cars with Auto's because of factory computer tied in with everything :(

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya mate. Not saying that VCM are the be all and end all, and I am aware they are just the reseller, that HP are the owners of the product, but what I have been quoted is impressive, though I'd like to see proof from someone who has had the tune done to verify it. Basically what I was getting at is that if someone is able to get an extra 25rwhp from a tune vs 25rwhp from a $1900 manifold, I know what I'd choose. Extractors are on the list of things to do, now that I've had the wedding I can start looking at throwing money at other things hehe. But yes, opening up the exhaust side of things is next on my agenda. The only thing I really want from the tune is the removal of the torque/rev limiting :)[/QUOTE

gah people annoy me with this "but i can get more power out of this for cheaper".
why not buy this product save up for a tune then bang, more power than the manifold itself or the tune standalone.
if you really wanna push decent power out of this engine you dont leave any stone unturned.. i would hate to think how much the cams they got cost. every modification benefits from another modification if you get my drift

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i emailed phil a few times when this product first came to my eye and the 422BHP he makes is with a fully worked engine, i wish i had this kind of cash but unfortunately $2000 for a few kw doesnt seem all that much worth it to me either..

Good arguments either way, The manifold does assist in power gains, but only benefited with OTHER parts aswell. A tune, exhaust and CAI. If it was maybe $1000 cheaper i would be all over it!!