Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CPR6 manifolds

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
correct me if I am wrong andy, but our cars run stock 175(exec), 190 (sv6) kw at the motor...... from which u have ur loss thru the flywheel, tranny and diff etc.

The way I see it, power figures wise.

Stock Exec. 175kw at engine, u loose 30-40kw automatically give or take based on driving conditions/temps and holdens safe tune........ bringing the engine to say 145-155kw at the engine most of the time stock.

Add another 30kw lost through the various components....... you wind up with an average of 115-125kw atw.

Now check out the mods.

Headers, Exhaust, HiFlows....... will add power, but ultimately throw out the fuel maps. So you may loss power in area's, gain power in alot of other area's........ adding about 10kw on a dyno. automatically brings you to about 125-135kw stock atw. (before tune)

Add manifold, tune....... wont give you necessarily more power, but will help reduce the temp fluctuations of running of the car and unlock some various power options............ hot/cold days pulling timing etc........ and should give you about 10-20kw on a dyno after u've removed holden's crap and smoothed the fuel trims out. (for a standard tune, no cam messing around etc)

So yes.... before the CPR Manifold I expect approx 130-150kw atw with a fair few mods (bout 180-200kw at engine)...... They say you pay $1k for every 10kw's you gain at the wheels....... so for $2000, I expect an additional 20kw.

So 170kw is a fair figure I think...... There is the whole 'probably wouldn't produce the results on the dyno' but thats then the point, why pay $2k for a manifold to archive at most 10kw...... or in his case, less then a bog stock rwd exec.

-=-

My point to the whole manifold scenario is "I dont see the point". Their website shows runs of a engine on it's own, running higher then our gearboxs go by default. 99% of the reason to get one is to gain power above 6000rpm.......... which is what their site really says.....

It's just stupid....... and it ticks me off. It's just like crap you find on ebay.

I think you should stop quoting your massively inflated power figures and go pull a 1/4 run. MPH don't lie

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
it seems to me that alot of ppl dont like what you say bigdaddy. but i do agree with you whole line of things. WHY pay 2000 grand for a CPR6 when you can add another 3000 and buy yourself a CAPA supercharger kit that IS tried and tested and has been put in hundreds of cars and has TRUE dyno sheets that show its results. if you have $2000 to throw at something that is not independently tested in "real world" scenarios then you are either plain dumb or obviously have enough money to buy something worth while

Where are these 'Tried and tested' Cars? Hundreds on VZ alloytecs with 'TRUE RESULTS', I think you are on a different horse to the rest of us..

I too have the same opinion on the CPR6, over priced and unproven.. But does unlock a little more, which is what we are all chasing yes? As i said previously EVERYTHING is over priced!

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
my brother has a CAPA kit on his VZ SV6 and i cant prove with dyno sheets but im sure he told me the sheets said 250-280 somewhere around that mark from memory. i do agree with you but, as soon as you say alloytec the price goes up

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
BigDaddy how about you put up a 'My Ride' of the fastest Exec known to man?? If this imaginary car even exists....

LxAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
ok yes 125 is low but that at all wheel KW, so in RWKW terms looking close to 180rwkw, yes the manifold maybe little overpriced, but as said everything for the alloytec is atm and thats because it still so new and not many other places are putting any effort into the alloytec. I for one thank Phil alot because his one of the only places putting in some really effort. It all comes down to how much power you want to make at the end of the day and with the CPR6 manifold yes theres gains and all gains come at a price.

But if you just want outright power go get Proflows new turbo kit for 6G and then add another 2+G for new computer and then ull be pushing the 285rwkw at 8 psi. Then u'll probably need to get a new exhaust as well adding even more. As said all gains come at a price.

Now for me the next thing on the cards it either the motec ecu that phil runs in this torana (running high 11s atm N/A) and ute, or the Vipec V88 that proflow is using in their turbo ute (running 12.55 on 8 psi) both costing around 2G mark but means can remove the MAF and disable all torque management, big gains for the taking. Then the next thing is CAMS from Phil at performance manifolds for around 4G fully installed.

Everyone has their own opinions yes and everyone has different depths of their pockets

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
*shakes his head at Danoz*.

But yes.... going back to what marcdon said, we can agree the manifold price is obserd and not worth it. $2000.... Perhaps we should continue this thread with.

"What price is reasonable for the CPR6 Manifold?". I say $650.

PS. Kal123. Three reasons, one I'm a busy man, two I'm lazy, three I'm not finished yet. I'm perfecting 3 tunes to have dynoed, I estimate I have another 4-6 months of trials, learning and altering left.

05 VZ, 06 VZ, 08 OMEGA (not stock tunes, highly rewritten tunes). When you start messing with axes temps etc, for a better word u might as well just rewrite the tune........ There's a reason holden have alot of things in there, that tuners actually pull out which does upset things.

But thats just being honest....... I will not dyno my car until I'm virtually 100% sure one of my tunes will break 150 to 160kw at the wheels.

** tap on wood: I know for a fact if I dynoed one my tunes right now at midnight I would easily pull 160kw atw. But no......... I'm gunna put the three tunes thru their paces (6 runs each when I get it done).

They all have pro's cons..... The alloytechs tuning aint like the old ecotechs, wack a chip in and your good to go....... There's alot of potential to be had, u just gotta do what nobody will.

pft........ so no, no dyno, no track day........ On that note, u know pacemaker heads void ur warranty if u go the track :D....... I got a track down the road from me, but I need to get braided brake lines and better discs..... if I was to do some circut lap stuff.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
You will not get 160 rwkw unless you dyno it on a super happy dyno

Copbaitoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
My VZ SV6 made 184hp ( 137.21 kw ) at the treads with bolt ons ( CPR6 manifold, extractors, twin 2 1/2 exhaust, SS inductions intake ) all on a factory tune
Just put a VCM cam kit in my LS1 for $1200 and made 320 hp at the wheels. Easy cheap power.
The 6's are still always fun to drive and give people a nice suprise :p

Copbaitoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Just click the photo on the home page.

100% STANDARD bottom end. IF you find this hard to beleive, get your head around standard Valve's & Valve springs aswell to 9000rpm. When I ported the heads the valve seats didn't even need to be faced, just 60-80 hrs porting & flowbench testing.
Just for the record the CPR6 Inlet track flows 317cfm @ 28"= about 440hp on 6 cyl

For anyone that has seen an alloytec engine apart and had some hands on experience, or those of you who havnt they really are a tough well built and designed engine. Very strong bottom end, big rods, nice pistons ( teflon coated sides ) good mains and crank set up, short stroke. Even to the design of the valve train, valve spring design etc. All makes for a very rev happy engine indeed.