Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash victim

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys, I had a lady reverce into me the other day. She was having trouble getting out of a car park (big old fairlane) and i was waiting to go past, she waves me through, asumes I had gone by her and "BANG!", out she comes!
Not much damage at all really but I was wondering what to do now?
I got her name and number and also liscence number.
I have got 3 quotes all around the same price- $400 -$460.

What now ?

Any insight would be great.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You ring your insurance agency and let them deal with it :)

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
But what if she doesnt want to go through insurance? Doesnt seem much point for $400. the excess would be half + that.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Spilly said:
But what if she doesnt want to go through insurance? Doesnt seem much point for $400. the excess would be half + that.
Go thru insurance company. You dont pay the excess because it was a not at fault accident.
AirStrike :air:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Spilly said:

So say to her, pay me bitch, or i go all mofo on ur ass :D

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
if you don't want to go through your insurance for that amount of money, and she won't pay you, try taking her to VCAT which will hand down a legal ruling without requiring you to hire any lawyers.

VCAT requires you to go through a conciliation process first tho, so it can become a bit drawn out.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Ring her.. tell her the quoted prices (supply her a copy), give her the optino to pay you cash, if she refuses to pay cash then go straight to your insuramce company and let them deal with her.

Just explain to her if she refuses to pay cash that your excess is higher then the quote and she will loose out more.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Spilly said:

Had a similar problem. Give her a deadline to pay up. Say I'll give you one week or 10 days and if you haven't got the money, call the insurance company and let them deal with it. Otherwise you are wasting time being strung along. Technically you don't have to do that at all. You can go straight to insurance. Tell the lady if you go through insurance, then she might incurr MORE costs.

I had a turkey hit me and he wanted to pay up. In the end he never did after 3 weeks. I knew from the start he never would. He was the most dodgy looking dude ever. The guy stunk of VB.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Slim said:
Had a similar problem. Give her a deadline to pay up. Say I'll give you one week or 10 days and if you haven't got the money, call the insurance company and let them deal with it. Otherwise you are wasting time being strung along. Technically you don't have to do that at all. You can go straight to insurance. Tell the lady if you go through insurance, then she might incurr MORE costs.

I had a turkey hit me and he wanted to pay up. In the end he never did after 3 weeks. I knew from the start he never would. He was the most dodgy looking dude ever. The guy stunk of VB.

The fact you could tell it was VB impresses me :D :rofl:

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Thanks guys, she seemed nice enough (no VB tang)- just couldn't drive! gonna give her a call asap!

Thanks Again!

Spilly