Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crazed Headlights

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo Blue 2010 VE SV6 Manual Sedan
Have headlights crazed along top of both headlights , have had it back to dealership - they claimed that i have used a "petroleum product"on it - i told them the only petroleum prodct goes in the fuel tank , they came back with whatever i washed it with (Maguires carwash) caused it - i told the that i highly doubt it as if that caused it then maguires would not be a premium car care brand & wouldn't be around for long as no one would buy their product , have been back to dealers a few times & phone calls to holden it finally got referred to a divisional service manager who did not inspect the car - only seen pics & came back with the "petroleum B.S" holden rang me & said thats as far as they will go with it - their decision is final - divisional manager wouldn't even call me himself even after i requested it , if they cant build a car without this crap happening maybe local product should end - overall their after sales service has been good - but this is B.S , won't be buying another one if this is how you are treated - had one of the holden chicks on the phone talking to me as if i was an idiot - not impressed

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Astute drivers will recognise that some idiots filling their cars with fuel often use the windscreen washing brushes to clean up spilled petrol. I imagine that it would be easy to transfers residual petrol onto your headlights (providing you used the said brush) without actually realising it - until damage appeared on lenses.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
^^^^^^ lol, my headlights are like that i use the same car washing products as u and will only use them, must be the type of plastic they use, look at every holden astra out there all there headlights are ####ed

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Depending on how bad it is... try rub the inside of an avacado skin on the plastic light covers... you maybe surprised!

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Do you have a picture of them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astute drivers will recognise that some idiots filling their cars with fuel often use the windscreen washing brushes to clean up spilled petrol. I imagine that it would be easy to transfers residual petrol onto your headlights (providing you used the said brush) without actually realising it - until damage appeared on lenses.

Yeah thats quite possible that some "idiots" do that but not this little black duck - i dont fill the car up so far as to have fuel pissing out all over the place - as i said the only product thats been used on this car(have had since new) is the Maguires car wash

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^^^^ lol, my headlights are like that i use the same car washing products as u and will only use them, must be the type of plastic they use, look at every holden astra out there all there headlights are ####ed

Its B.S that they wont take responsability for a faulty product - don't get me wrong i love the car but i have had more faults with this than my 01 VX acclaim wagon that i traded this on & it had 385,000km without any probs , no wonder that no one is buying them with "great" after sales service like this - kind of sours an otherwise good experience .