Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creaking while turning

vn nut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5.0
Hey guys so i ended up changing my radius rod control arms along with the ball joint today which went ok
So far ive changed them my strut top bearings have brand new suspension yet when im turning left into a street my left hand side like makes a creaking sound just wondering if yous guys have ecperienced this i guess my next move is to do my upper control arms with balljoint and the only thing really left is swaybar rubbers????
Driving me nuts doesnt do it when you turn the wheels stationary or a long sweepping left when driving only when turning left into a driveway or street

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Did it creak before you changed said parts ? Did you use nolathane bushes, is so did you lubricate them before fitting them ? I had trouble with creaking nolathane bushes in my old VX because i didn't lubricate them before fitting them . To try and find the offending part spray them one at a time with water to lubricate and take it for a drive .

vn nut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5.0
First of all when i got it it was fine 40 ooo k ago lol then i put the suspension struts and shocks ( lowered)
Then was all good for about 20 ooo k
Then this creak so i changed the strut top bearings still the same even tho they were stuffed so all good umm then radius rod controll arms the left hand one was cracked so i thought yesss gotcha yeah they are nolathane but all lubricated and still the same creak not any better or worse
I got some parts today im waiting on
Swaybar links , tie rod ends. Lower control arms and sway bar rubbers
Was going to get a strut brace but didnt
Has any of yous guys got one and make much differance
I had one in my rexy but i never drove the car without it fitted so
Yeah sux. But hopefully after all these parts i can solve the problem.