Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cream Suede Strip Driver seat

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
When the car was new I hit the suede stripe with a good dose of 3M Scotchguard. That seems to have helped with keeping it clean. I have noticed the Titanium trim (Copyright 2013 Holden) on the doors, was a magnet for people who would immediately want to feel the surface and leave fingerprints behind. The Scotchguard mean't a little warm water and a clean cloth was all I needed to make them look good again.

The 3M might be worth looking at when you get yours clean again.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Alcantara is a fabric and suede is a form of leather so which is where? Suede on the seats and fabric on dash and doors?

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
i bought the swissvax alcantara cleaner from car care products was expensive but cleaned the drivers seat back to brand new and a mark on the door. Dabbing worked on all passenger seats but for the drivers seat and the mark i used the spray in conjunction with a clean leather brush. worked a treat.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Alcantara is a fabric and suede is a form of leather so which is where? Suede on the seats and fabric on dash and doors?
Alcantara is a brand-name for a fake/synthetic suede, I think it only exists because it doesn't wear (quite) as quickly as suede. But it looks the same (when new). There won't be BOTH suede & Alcantara, it'll be one or the other (and suede falls apart too quickly - it's more likely to be Alcantara IMHO).

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
TO clean I managed to get it back to new, just used warm water with WHITE cloth and came up perfect.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Alcantara is a brand-name for a fake/synthetic suede, I think it only exists because it doesn't wear (quite) as quickly as suede. But it looks the same (when new). There won't be BOTH suede & Alcantara, it'll be one or the other (and suede falls apart too quickly - it's more likely to be Alcantara IMHO).

It is alcantara.

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Worst design decision I have ever seen in a car. A freakin suede strip in the middle of the seat.