Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creole Creme, Are You Offended?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
as a person of mixed race I'm deeply offended and appalled that they would allow such as biscuit to be named with obvious racist overtones. Now if these honkies took the time to properly assess naming conventions for products then this never would have become an issue.

i find the name honky offensive, and was not needed in that statement. who knows, the people who were in charge of naming the product may have been of mixed decent, not a 'honky' as you implied.

as someone of mixed race (half polish), many things are said that i can take offence to but i choose not to get aggrivated, and not complain about the subject.

i think that is the key, understanding must come from all parties, and a compromise met. on the subject of the biscuits, yes the word 'creole' can hold negative connotations, but it must be understood that the context of the use of the word is not related to the meaning of the word in its offensive state.

i think the name should stay, and the people who find it offensive for whatever reason must understand that there was no intention for the name to create such offence, it was merely a coincedence.

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Anyone remember the movie white chics.. 2 african americans dressed up as two dumb blondes... why was there no up-roar about that
white_chicks.jpg
connick_widewe2.jpg

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Anyone remember the movie white chics.. 2 african americans dressed up as two dumb blondes... why was there no up-roar about that
white_chicks.jpg
connick_widewe2.jpg

People who enjoy watermelon and fried chicken can't be racist mate...didnt you know that?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i find the name honky offensive, and was not needed in that statement. who knows, the people who were in charge of naming the product may have been of mixed decent, not a 'honky' as you implied.

as someone of mixed race (half polish), many things are said that i can take offence to but i choose not to get aggrivated, and not complain about the subject.

i think that is the key, understanding must come from all parties, and a compromise met. on the subject of the biscuits, yes the word 'creole' can hold negative connotations, but it must be understood that the context of the use of the word is not related to the meaning of the word in its offensive state.

i think the name should stay, and the people who find it offensive for whatever reason must understand that there was no intention for the name to create such offence, it was merely a coincedence.

polish is a race?

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
People who enjoy watermelon and fried chicken can't be racist mate...didnt you know that?

ROFL, dont forget the waffles
hahaha watermelon that's worth a LOL

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
as a person of mixed race I'm deeply offended and appalled that they would allow such as biscuit to be named with obvious racist overtones. Now if these honkies took the time to properly assess naming conventions for products then this never would have become an issue.

You idiot, you are saying you are offended in a racial way and go on to call people honkies, obviously you are no better than the people who offended you.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Cheers bud :D

The way I see it, when Australian's travel overseas, permanently or temporarily, it is stressed to us to behave ourselves and follow the country's laws and traditions. Schapelle Corby anyone?
Imagine what would happen if an Aussie started jumping up and down about a biscuit name in a Middle Eastern country, or in Asia somewhere. They'd be laughed at and told to HTFU or GTFO.

Yet what happens when people from other countries immigrate to Australia? It's no longer called Christmas, it's 'the holiday season', colours are referred to as racist slurs and biscuits are forced into a corner until they change their name.
NOT ALL immigrants are here to cause trouble, but fact is, we're falling soft to certain foreigners who don't like our way of life. Well, HTFU or GTFO.

And yes, I'm half Italian, so I know all about discrimination by race. I also understand that a lot of these cultures have shaped Australia, but FFS, there's a line in the sand!

Welcome mate!

There's a minority (at this stage) of people who would like to change our traditions, way of life and kick the **** out of us.

We have so called asylum seekers or so called refugees who think they can bring their bag of **** here to smeer us. Some are legit, some are part of the problem in their old country and continue to bring their political and religious agender to our land.

What shits me is the people who winge that they are persecuted and still winge when they are given shelter food and protection.

Anyone who has been OS will realise that if you are really **** scared for your life, all you want is a place to escape death and would be happy to live in a dog box.

But to come here to winge and cause more problems for the bloke who gave you a place to live, money, security and second chance at life is outrageous.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Considering they are living better than a good portion of Australians on welfare and the dole or on the streets. Solve our own problems before looking for more.
I drive past Baxter detention centre in Pt Augusta quite often. It looks quite barren and unpleasant from the outside, but inside is all the latest whitegoods, entertainment equipment etc. (from an uncle who used to make deliveries there).
Not even I have the latest electrical equipment! And from what I've been told, much of it is replaced often due to damage, breakages, neglect, no care or gratitude whatsoever.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Cool mate, have a good weekend, have a few coldies and kick back.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You idiot, you are saying you are offended in a racial way and go on to call people honkies, obviously you are no better than the people who offended you.

I think the sarcasm went right over your head on that one.....