Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crewman

tynan26

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Hi just wondering I have a 07 crewman I want to swap the hoodlining and plastics from an ss crewman. Ss has lights in the plastics and the interior light is at the front instead of centre. Could anyone tell me would mine have the wiring to accommodate

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
@Fu Manchu

He is the Guru on Crewman's and may throw some light on your question.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi just wondering I have a 07 crewman I want to swap the hoodlining and plastics from an ss crewman. Ss has lights in the plastics and the interior light is at the front instead of centre. Could anyone tell me would mine have the wiring to accommodate
It’s slightly different. Theres a loom that comes up the b-pillar. That has a sub loom. The sub loom in yours is a four wire I think. It goes to the centre roof light. SS sub loom has 5 wires (off the top of my head). It goes across the roof lining and is hot glued or taped onto it. It branches out to the rear lights and to the front.

You MUST source the correct screws for the sunnies holder. They are extra short. Regular screws are going to go into (or through) roof sheet and fk your day right up.

The mounts are there.
The sub harness can be plugged in.
The sunnies holder may need some mods to the wiring to work off your available wiring harness. I had to mod mine.

I used LED’s in the map lights, rear door lights etc.

The cutout should be marked on the back of the headlining you have. I filled in the centre hole with card board and tape. Recovered.

I have two threads showing how.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should follow Joshes Car Corner on the YouTubes. He is building and modding what could be the most unique crewman on the market.

tynan26

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
It’s slightly different. Theres a loom that comes up the b-pillar. That has a sub loom. The sub loom in yours is a four wire I think. It goes to the centre roof light. SS sub loom has 5 wires (off the top of my head). It goes across the roof lining and is hot glued or taped onto it. It branches out to the rear lights and to the front.

You MUST source the correct screws for the sunnies holder. They are extra short. Regular screws are going to go into (or through) roof sheet and fk your day right up.

The mounts are there.
The sub harness can be plugged in.
The sunnies holder may need some mods to the wiring to work off your available wiring harness. I had to mod mine.

I used LED’s in the map lights, rear door lights etc.

The cutout should be marked on the back of the headlining you have. I filled in the centre hole with card board and tape. Recovered.

I have two threads showing how.
Thanks appreciate the advice I do have all the wiring from the ss

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes but the SS body loom is different to a base model body loom. The SS has more wires than yours has.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s why it will need some mods.

With a quick search, you’ll find a download for the factory manual.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fk it you’re a crewman owner.
I’ll give it to you on a platter:

Computer only.
Download and use only.
PDF reader required.
To work it once downloaded, use the “start here” tab.