Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise control dropping out

gangstamick

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt v6 commodore calais
Hi all. 1998 vt v6 commodore calais searched all threads and cruise control has been discussed.My problem is after being on cruise for 20 to 30 minutes is cruise is dropping out ...cannot reset for about 20 minutes then goes ok again..i changed indicator and cruise stalk ...still the same...was thinking could it be the brake pedal switch? can this be adjusted..if so which way to turn it? or any other thoughts out there please..Note brakes and brake lights are all working fine..car runs wells..thanks in advance any advice is appreciated

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
could it be the brake pedal switch
I've had the same problems. Did what you have done, before i checked the cruise brake pedal switch. After doing that (there was a sleight adjustment), cruise worked ok.
Cost nothing to look?

gangstamick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Lex wow fast reply thanks..Lex which way did you turn the switch?..anti clockwise or clockwise?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi Lex wow fast reply thanks..Lex which way did you turn the switch?..anti clockwise or clockwise?
If l remember correctly, turn l think left? away from the pedal. Dosen't have to be much. Just enough so its not touching the pedal. When touching the pedal, it's like braking (when driving) cancels out the cruise control.

gangstamick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Lex appreciate your time and it makes sense away from the pedal...i will try that tomorrow..have a goid day