Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control fitting to VY

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
yeh theres no need to remove the steering wheel to change the stalk..

but anyhow, if you disconnect the battery and wait a min you can take the steering wheel off and disconnect the airbags without causing a fault. that is as long as you plug all the bags in again and put everything back before you reconnect the battery and turn the ignition on

matt

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Just installed my kit which I got from amcap for $220.00 comes with full instructions from Holden took me four hours to install no need for tech2 ecu picks it up.no need to remove steering wheel just the covers on column.Its very easy to do.

Amcap? its a genuine kit right? where can i get this from seems alot cheaper than the holden price, i'd rather get a brand new unit than looking on ebay, plus its not often it is available on ebay.

yeh theres no need to remove the steering wheel to change the stalk..

but anyhow, if you disconnect the battery and wait a min you can take the steering wheel off and disconnect the airbags without causing a fault. that is as long as you plug all the bags in again and put everything back before you reconnect the battery and turn the ignition on

matt

Yeah i've taken my steering wheel off twice before, disconnecting it this way, first to replace the steering wheel with a leather one, then to install the satin chrome spokes, did not have a problem

Cheers

Kristopher

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
kricket there are new genuine kits going on eBay

Comes with instructions and it wouldn't be hard to install.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
in a VY you need to enable the dash with Tech2 to show the displays.

Rob

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.

Rob

thanks for the reply

Just got a quote from holden, $377 plus $200 for fitting, if i got the full kit, you reckon, it would be difficult to do, is there any programming required for the cruise, etc.. to show up on the lcd?

Cheers

Kristopher

Sounds like the quote you got from Holden isn't too bad after all, as it is going to cost you $X to enable it with Tech 2.

It will also come with a warranty on parts and labour.....

kricket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1

Rob

Cheers Rob,

thanks for all your comments, i think i will most probably get holden to do it, atleast this way if anything does go wrong the onus is on holden, not that i am not capable of fitting it myself, plus if programming is required then it needs to go to holden regardless, plus want to get the police pack activated to get the digital speedo, just strapped for cash at the moment, so will wait.

Cheers

Kristopher