Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise control = fugged?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
as i was driving to work this morning and i went to switch on the cruise control and it didnt work. simple as that, it just did not work. i had pressed the button too (so dont call me an idiot and say i didnt have it active). i pressed the button again to turn it off and back on.. nothing. no matter what i tried it didnt work. when i got to a set of lights i turned the car off and back on and it worked. WTF?

anyone else had similar problems?

xcaluber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I had the same problem and exaclty the same solution. Dealer can't tell me anything...

J

Jono_sv6

I had the same problem with my SV6 and again same solution, turned it off then on, it worked fine. Must be a glitch in the computer somewhere

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
yep, same here too. I thought it was just me. It has happened quite a few times. Last time on sunday coming back from Sydney. I had stopped and turned the car off. Got out without removing keys and when I got back in and drove off, it would not work.

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
Its not a glitch. The cruise control cannot be activated until such times as the brakes have been depressed at least once. This is a safety feature so that the computer can verify that the car does actually have an occupant in the drivers seat before it will allow the car to accelerate of its own accord. You can turn the cruise on, but not activate. tap the brakes then your good to go. Its all in thew user manual guys :wave:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Shortsta said:
Its not a glitch. The cruise control cannot be activated until such times as the brakes have been depressed at least once. This is a safety feature so that the computer can verify that the car does actually have an occupant in the drivers seat before it will allow the car to accelerate of its own accord. You can turn the cruise on, but not activate. tap the brakes then your good to go. Its all in thew user manual guys :wave:
given the fact that i had driven about 15 km before i had used the cruise control (including stopping at 3 seperate red lights), switched the cruise to 'active' about 1 km down the road and had to brake for a slower car in front of me... BEFORE switching it to 'on'... i think you are wrong...

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Cruise

Maybe the computer runs a Windows program!

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
Troy711 said:
... BEFORE switching it to 'on'... i think you are wrong...

Fair enough Troy.

My mistake.

I made the assumption that you started up...drove off...hadnt used the brakes.....and then tried to engage to no success :embarrass (i live in a remote area, so for me, not touching the brakes for the first 10 minutes of driving isnt unheard of). My comments are still accurate in the circumstance where you havent braked after starting the vehicle and try to engage cruise, but if youve used the brakes and cruise wont engage then its obviously a fault, and the dealership should fix it as a warranty job. Good luck :D

S

stew7700

yep happened to me too, only once though. Soudns like its common.