Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control go on holiday

Rickman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8
Well I got the cruise control fixed by the dealer today. Unsurprisingly they said it had nothing to do with the computer work last week. Some things never change eh? Service Manager said they needed to replace the whole indicator stalk as there were "2 problems" that they needed to fix. Anyway, another $170 goes to the dealer. Got some half price Holden Racing Team T-
Shirts, so maybe all is not lost. :bow:

Stato Jay

Reaction score
I am assuming that your car is an auto.

... bumped the micro-switch on the clutch pedal...
I've converted from auto to manual, but I have two switches on the brake pedal. My cruise control has never worked (even before the conversion) and I've never bothered with it, but am getting ready to sell the old girl and want to have it working.

What switches should be where? I'm assuming now, since reading your post, there whould be a switch on the clutch pedal (makes sense) and a single switch on the brake pedal.

From looking at a diagram earlier today, one switch is normally open and one is normally closed, I think the N.O. one is the brake pedal switch (it activates the brake lights and connects to the abs module also). Which leaves the N.C. switch to be on the clutch pedal. ..I assume.