Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control issue

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Ever since I had the VZ the cruise control activator has been terrible compared to my VY - in that thing I pressed the button and twisted the knob either up or down and it worked, with the VZ I always have to twist it downwards and even then sometimes it doesn't work.

Last time I came home from brisbane cruise control refused to activate for half of the trip, it came up on the dash but I could near snap the stalk twisting it either way to find it did nothing, I stopped in warwick to fill up and tried it after that to find it working again...
Does anyone else have a problem like this?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i had the same issue with mine on a recent trip to melb....
i pretty much just switched the car off and then back on...

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Is it turning on at all when you press the button on the end?

Mine used to take a few goes pressing the button to get it to work, then a few more goes twisting the stalk to activate it

Now it just doesn't turn on at all, I've heard that spraying some contact cleaner in the stalk and on the button helps, I spose i should get around to doing that

ADR 40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina..... VEII Equipe Sportswagon
Same thing has happened to my Zed and a mates Zed Calais.
Both of us use cruise in most of our driving, rarely the problem happens, so far 3 times in 4+ years.
I have spoken to several different Holden certified gurus about the problem....which has only resulted in blank stares.
Shutting down and restarting seems to cure it and likewise with the Calais.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
maybe stalk, but if not then a cruise will not engage when it is being fed a disengage signal at the same time.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The stalk from Holden cost me $65 trade price Jan 2011.
I had the same intermittent problem over a 1-2year period and tried spraying contact cleaner inside the stalk but didn't help.
Finally bit the bullet and bought a new one and that was a 1 1/2 years ago with no problems since.