Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise control switches

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
where are the cruise control switches located on a vs? are they on the steering wheel or not? if not does anyone know what model first had them on the steering wheel?

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
mine is on the indicator stalk... build date is feb 96 :king:

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
would it be possible to use a steering wheel that has the cruise controls on the steering wheel in a vt or vn or such and hook up the switches from the steering wheel to the normal ones? i know it means a bit of messing around but i have driven a couple of current model commodores and love the cruise controls being on the actual steering wheel and would love this for my vn or a vt. also does anyone know if the steering wheel controls (cruise and radio) actually have wires from them down the sterrting colum or such or if they are wireless?

cheers.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
It is possible to adapt it given the vr/s ones are just small switches that either turn cruise on via the bcm latch circuit or the other 2 switches for setting are 12v pulses via a resistorto the unit under the bonnet.The switches themselves are tactile type and are very small in size and current rating.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
VC-VK had a button on the LH side of the steering column for cruise.

VL had a set of buttons on the RH side of the instrument cluster.

VN/VP had them on the satellite switches around the cluster.

VR/VS got them on the indicator wand - and there is a small cable that comes out of the wand shaft & plugs in, so yes you can adapt it provided you have a latching circuit as on/off is only momentary not latching like on the VN/VP.
As mentioned, this latching is done by the BCM.

VT/VX carried over the same wand as VR/VS, and works on the same principle, and so too the redesigned wand on the VY/VZ.

I dunno where you are getting the steering wheel button idea from (perhaps you have seen them in fraud fowl-cans?) but commodores have only had audio controls on the wheel - from VR onwards, not cruise.

C

commy gal

i too have cruise etc on steering wheel...

this was a vaild Q?
so u obviously dont know what u r saying...

just recently all of the buttons, ie; audio, cruise n wipers arent illuminating...
so just where r the fuses etc for all these???

Aug 02, vx acclaim

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I think there is a relay you can use made by gmh so you dont have to use a diferent bcm .Basically it is controlled from the tactile switches in the stalk that is standard with a vr/s car for cruise .