Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control

Frax

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Sedan
For some reason the cruise control in my 2010 redline will randomly turn off completely. Not disengage. Completely turn off and will not turn back on. Sometimes if I pull over and turn the car off and on I'll be able to turn it back on. Once I had to sit for an hour (was travelling 600k's and the car was warm, not sure if related?)

Had a mate put his tech 2 on it and all the switches came up fine and it refused to repeat the problem while we drove around for an hour with the tech 2 hooked up.

Anyone else have this problem or know what needs replacing? I told the wife I might just have to buy my own tech 2 and leave it hooked up. She didn't think it was funny.

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I have this problem periodically. Stopping and restarting usually fixes it. I have not yet worked out what is causing it, but it usually happens when I use the indicators and I think it happens when I'm careless enough to hit the top of the stalk where the button is, but I can't be 100% sure about that. Sometimes I can go two months without it happening then it will happen 3 times in two days. Intermittent problems are a bitch, because they NEVER happen when you need them to happen, like when you are talking to a tech.

Frax

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Sedan
I know what you mean. When we packed up the tech 2 after driving around for an hour the cruise control **** itself 2 minutes later.

Going to buy a new indicator stalk and see if that fixes it.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I think it is a communication bus conflict error like LEDs fitted which are not compatible with VE's digital network. Cruise Control is actually GM LAN, not plain CANbus.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
For some reason the cruise control in my 2010 redline will randomly turn off completely. Not disengage. Completely turn off and will not turn back on. Sometimes if I pull over and turn the car off and on I'll be able to turn it back on. Once I had to sit for an hour (was travelling 600k's and the car was warm, not sure if related?)

Had a mate put his tech 2 on it and all the switches came up fine and it refused to repeat the problem while we drove around for an hour with the tech 2 hooked up.

Anyone else have this problem or know what needs replacing? I told the wife I might just have to buy my own tech 2 and leave it hooked up. She didn't think it was funny.

Had Very similar problem was brake pedal switch, had to adjust it a small amount all good(really small bolt)

If you pull pedal up while driving it should come back on, otherwise might be another issues

Frax

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Sedan
I'll give that a go next time it happens.