Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Ey guys, well i ended up getting my VY, very happy with it. Whats involved in installing cruise control??

jyothi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Congrats!! Welcome to the club!!!
With my limited knowldge on the mechanics of the car, that's all I can say!

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
congrats, there are aftermarket options available you will have to ring up some car accessorie places, dont know if genuine would cost an arm and a leg.

goodluck!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have an aftermarket cruise fitted to my Hilux, $600, It's an infrared wireless unit.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
that would be freaky if some had the same system and it activated yours on a freeway or somethin lol. i know likelyhood is very very low buy hypothetically would be weird.

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
thanks for the warm welcome guys. will certainly look into aftermarket units

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
that would be freaky if some had the same system and it activated yours on a freeway or somethin lol. i know likelyhood is very very low buy hypothetically would be weird.

The unit and the receiver are only about 15cm from each other, I thing the range is fairly limited, so the chances of that happening are probably zero. But it would be freaky....

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
The unit and the receiver are only about 15cm from each other, I thing the range is fairly limited, so the chances of that happening are probably zero. But it would be freaky....
mate wreckers/ ebay for geune ones, put one on mine takes an hr heres everything u need except the brake module

hers some links
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commo...ryZ33612QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VY-VZ-Commod...ryZ50459QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just need the pedal module that sits behind the brake pedal 5 bucks from the wreckers and thats it man.

i might make up a how to for this coz its a weekley question almost. lol, hope this helps ya m8

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
ey mate, thanks heaps for that. if you could do a "how to" that would be tops... i have installed all my own sound systems in previous cars so wiring up this should be a breeze

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ey mate, thanks heaps for that. if you could do a "how to" that would be tops... i have installed all my own sound systems in previous cars so wiring up this should be a breeze
no probs mate if ya need help at all when u do it give me a pm and will help ya thru it m8