Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise problem

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys
got a problem with my cruise controll. The green light on the dash with CRS is lit up but I cant engage the the cruise while driving, I cant even turn the CRS light off.. Do ya reckon the actual mechanism is stuffed on the column or is there a fuse that could have shorted out... Worst case scenario how much is a new mechanism gonna set me back??

Thanks

Spilly

F

foxinjox

(smiles to self) had similar dramas myself..the cruise wires from the indicator stalk were sliced through. need to take off lower cover of steering column and have a look. there are 3 wires that wrap under and connect to the LHS of the steering column. mine were cut just where the indicator stalk meets the steering column. hope that helps

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i would say its time to get a new stalk i have read many places were ppl have probs with cruise and other thing all related to a stuffed stalk,,,,,,lol there is a few on ebay from time to time.......i had a mate who had the same probs as you and after fittting a new stalk ALL WAS GOOD AGAIN..........................hope this helps cheers.......take it easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You can take the stalk mechanism off the column and carefully prise the stalk apart as it is clipped together and get to the little printed circuit board and check each of the 4 wires with a multimeter for open circuit between the board and the plug and replace as necessary.I did and it was pretty easy and cost next to nothing.

D

donwb

i had the same problem get a new stalk $50 from dealer or $ 30 from supercheap

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
Spilly said:
Hey guys
got a problem with my cruise controll. The green light on the dash with CRS is lit up but I cant engage the the cruise while driving, I cant even turn the CRS light off.. Do ya reckon the actual mechanism is stuffed on the column or is there a fuse that could have shorted out... Worst case scenario how much is a new mechanism gonna set me back??

Thanks

Spilly
Had exactly this problem on my VS Wagon. Had car booked in at a Sydney Holden dealer for other work and asked them to look at this at the same time. I got a phone call where they said it was the cruise control unit under the bonnet and would be $650. I told them not to bother. Some months later I took it to another dealer for a service and asked them to look at it. Cost $175 for new stalk fitted. After reading other posts here I could have fixed it myself for a whole lot less. I was told by dealer who replaced the stalk that the wires were broken.