Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cup Holder - Dash Surround

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Hi all,

Well after reading a bit in Street Commodore about little upgrades you can do to your VY, I decided to order the flip-down cupholders and a new dash surround to fit into my acclaim. The problem is, after 3 different dash surrounds, they still can't find the right one, and are trying one last option. The problem is it seems every model that has the flip-down holders also has climate control, not the standard a/c, and the moulding doesn't account for that. The thing they are trying now is the VY SS c-60 which is apparently a SS with normal a/c, but I'm not sure that it has the flip down holders.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to get the dash surround I need?

Last edited:

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Well there was no luck getting a pre-made dash that I needed, so I purchased the dash with the climate control mould ($50) and I've taken both surrounds to a plastic repair place who are basically going to cut the A/C mould off my old surround and weld it onto the new one and then re-colour the plastic. Going to cost me about $85, certainly the most expensive cup holders I've ever encountered (the flip down units go for $93 each).

Will post a picture when its done.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Wow, you're keen!

Remember not to drink and drive...

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Wow, indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing the pic. :)

Btw, can you take some pics while you're pulling the dash apart? I've always wondered how it all comes apart in a VY. :)

C

Commodore

*checks brochures*

For Series One: It just says "Twin cup holders in Centre Console." Standard - all Wagons. "Twin cup holders in centre console & rear seat centre fold-away tray." Standard - all Sedans.

For Series Two: Same, except in the SS you can get "Twin fold-out cup holders in instrument panel." But it's optional in a package. I do know in the Series One that the Berlina/Calais/WK Statesman/WK Caprice had the fold-outs as standard.

Jimbo

Reaction score
When buying/looking for my SS I queried them about the flip down holders and was told they only came with the models that had climate control, i.e. , Berlina, Calais, Statesman models as Commodore has stated.

As you've also probably found, the SS definitely doesn't have them with the standard air-con controls.

Wombat2020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Can you upgrade the standard aircon to climate control instead? Its probably a lot of effort to go to for 2 more cupholders, but they are important!