Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cup holders to replace single din

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Acclaim
Hey guys I couldn't really find a specific on what I wanted on the threads but if there is please link me if there is. Anyway I own a 93 VR acclaim and wanted to put in some cup holders. I've seen heaps on cutting out near the hand brake but I have electric windows and switches there. What I was wondering was am I able to remove the din where it says Radial Tuned Suspension and put in a slot that has cup holders pop out. I have a single din cup holder I took from the ride off my missus had in her Hyundai accent. Similar to this Universal Car Single/Double Din Radio Pocket Kit w/Drink-Cup Holder +Storage Box | eBay.

I'd like to replace the rts section and put the cup holders there, but I dont mind putting it in the spot below that holds sunnies and what not.. Any feedback on how to approach this would be appreciated guys. Cheers.

Attachments

• P5090001.jpg
    P5090001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,544

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Would you have troubles with the cup holders hitting against the shifter?. I have electric windows all I did was modify a S3 console lid so.i could just use the cup holders in That

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Acclaim
Would you have troubles with the cup holders hitting against the shifter?. I have electric windows all I did was modify a S3 console lid so.i could just use the cup holders in That

No it would not, even with it in park it would not obstruct the shifter. Additionally the din says ABS and not Radial Tuned Suspension, not sure if that makes a difference or not. So you're saying I should just change over the console? Would that be a lot easier? I'd prefer not spend too much money as I'm a student and have a bank account that's only good to laugh at..

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Just the console lid. This is from my old vn

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352107970847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352107970847.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 795

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Acclaim
Nevermind just found out they come from a vs series 2 or 3 statesman or caprice..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Where the sticker is between the headunit and pocket he HVAC unit is there not sure if ur cup holders are shallow enough to fit.

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Acclaim
Where the sticker is between the headunit and pocket he HVAC unit is there not sure if ur cup holders are shallow enough to fit.
I don't think so either, I'm just going to go fishing for a vs statesman or caprice console lid..