Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cup holders

V

vpwgn

gday fellas, now i love my holdens and i own a VP but seriously, there are no cup holders. i dunno bout other models but my exec is cupholderless and i would really like to put my drinks somewhere when im driving. Now ive just filled in the ash tray and cig lighter and painted them but now im thinking about putting cup holders in there instead. So if anyone has done this or has any ideas on how to do this it would be much appreciated. I havnt a clue what cup holders i shuld get or even if i can just get cupholders that will fit or if ill have to make my own or anything all ive really thought about his how much awsomer my VP would be if it had cup holders. Anywho any help would be great
Nick

*edit* its an auto so theyll be on the left side of the shifter

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I don't smoke an no one is allowed to smoke in my car so I had thought of removing the ashtray and making up a fiberglass holder of some sorts to replace the ashtray.
Would have to cut the hole larger and then messure up a can/bottle and make a new section to fit................
Or if your lazy get the dodgey ones that hang from the air vents......... :hit:
Cheers

J

Joshwa107

Well vpwgn, first off i would take the dimensions of say a 600ml bottle, and a 375ml can. now, where the "indent" (where the "cup" actually sits) starts, that will be the biggest diametre, so cut away so that the rough hole is a few mm smaller than the can, then sand it down checking to see when it will fit. you may have to consider the slight up-hill angle that the console has when cutting (if any in a VP). for a base for the cup to sit into either a wrecker might have some, mitsu's have pretty good cup holders i must say so try lookin in there for one, else find a smaller cup shape that becomes thinner the further down the cup you look. next attach it to the under-neath of the console with some sort of glue, maybe use a glue gun as the will want it to stay there. then you may want to put some padding in the actuall cup holder, some sort of sponge would be good. sounds dodgey but it is good, e.g mitsu's! before you do all this, make sure the depth doesnt hit any wires and if they are in the way chuck a few cable ties around them. you may want to put some LED's in the cup holder to make them look good! anywho, thats my word, peace vp meister

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I hate the ones in my VS, the ones which are in the glove box.
Instead l found a PERFECT place to hold your drinks. Next time you have a bottle try putting it in the place pictured below:

cupholder.jpg

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Sorry, l have to post this, but l found this at that console site, l bet that everyone has to look twice to read what she is saying :D

http://www.consoles.com/cargo.htm

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
what about thw space between the hand brak and the chair, not much under that, those cup holes glued into a recess there would be kewl..unless you have eleckky windows, no food ir stuff in ma car lol i like it clean

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I usually do, just haven't got around to vacuming it for a while, and l've been playing alot of golf so, as you can see in the pic, theres a bit of greenery in my car at the moment.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
ye man i own a vp executive aswell, dont bother about cup holders.

put your drink between the handbrake and the passengers seat works top notch!!!

Just dont brake to hard :p