Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

curious

larsey_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore acclaim sr2
This may be a silly question but i was just wondering, reguarding putting a cai in your car, would your car run better (have more hp) in winter rather than summer?, given the theory of colder air = denser fuel = more hp

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
In theory, yeah... colder air == more oxygen (per volume of air) more air == more fuel it can put through. Not sure how significant the effect would be though, I would think it would depend on how far you were pushing your car - or how precisely you monitor your fuel econemy. But in my opinion - yeah - I believe it would have the potential to go harder when it's cooler.

Pfft - your on the Gold Goast! you guys don't know what "cold air" is ;) hehe.

C

cqcfighter

Drag racers record lower et's when its cold, especially turbo cars. Apparently you can even tell if Calder is gonna be busy at the street car drags by the temp, (so im told, not a regular) so a lot of drivers don't bother if its warm cos they know they wont improve their times. So yeah, agreeing with Dexn, car will have a higher Hp if its colder...