Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom center console completed

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
awesome job. well done.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Anyone know if you can somehow replicate the silvery grey colour of the standard VY dash? I have a black single-din plate for my stereo, but I'd like it to look a little more factory if possible.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
klaw81 said:
Anyone know if you can somehow replicate the silvery grey colour of the standard VY dash? I have a black single-din plate for my stereo, but I'd like it to look a little more factory if possible.
I got my binnacle housing sprayed at a local panel shop and they matched it really well.

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
Yeah the colours can be matched easy.
Ive painted my facias in both my cars the same colour as the outside it looks great.

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
VY_Acclaim: Can you please tell me a little mroe about the 2 tachos/dials on your dash. I have just purchased a 03 VY Berlina Series II today and would like to have the same sort of thing. I've seen them in Clubby's etc. What can you have there (ie: volts, oil, etc?) and how easy is it to install them. But the main thing, where do i find some and how much would i be lookin at? Cheers bro.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Exceler8r said:
VY_Acclaim: Can you please tell me a little mroe about the 2 tachos/dials on your dash. I have just purchased a 03 VY Berlina Series II today and would like to have the same sort of thing. I've seen them in Clubby's etc. What can you have there (ie: volts, oil, etc?) and how easy is it to install them. But the main thing, where do i find some and how much would i be lookin at? Cheers bro.

The two HSV guages are Volts and Oil Pressure (VDO). You can buy the pod and put aftermarket guages in them instead if you wish (AutoMeter, Stewart Warner, etc). The install process is complex, but instructions are normally included if you buy the set (I got an auto-electrician to install mine). It involves pulling apart the console, threading wires here there and everywhere, and installing an oil sender. I bought mine on eBay for $550 a few months back, which included the pod, two guages, oil sender, wiring loom and instructions. Alternatively, you could source one from performance garages such as CAPA. Be sure to get the VY pod, as the VZ pod will not suit your vehicle. Cheers.

Remember to post pics when you are done. :thumbsup: