Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Dash

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Custom Dash Facia

Hey All.. im wondering if anyone out there has a scanned picture of their Series 2 Dash :D :p im in the midst of designing my new interior and making a new custom dash face.

My car has been in the workshop for the past 3 weeks and ive just put my dash back together & dont really want to go back and pull it to bits just yet.

:p big ask but maybe someone out there already has a copy :p

Last edited:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
No I haven't really found one yet that appeals to me, except a dash out of a VS or something.
I was thinking about some sort of blanking plate across and making a custom dashboard.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Lol dude.. what ya do is rip apart your dash take a high DFI Scan of the face's, then manipulate them any way you want in photoshop :p problem is i cant be arsed pullin mine to bits just yet i just put it back together after painting and covering everything with new material :p

Will post a picture of what im planning

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's a legend of an idea, but you would need to make some kind of screen print to spray the new face onto your dials, I haven't done that since I was at school and can't really remember how it works :/

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
No need to screen press.. I have a Epson R310 printer. VERY good printer at that, on the right matte paper she'll look good.. problem is i wont have get lights for the speed..

UNLESS ive seen this tricky S*** Clear Paper, prints out like normal paper except it doesn't print white.. so any white parts on the computer.. will be clear when you print.

Still lookin for that dash.. anyone wrecking a VN atm? :p :D :yeah: :drink:

ntl

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS 3.8L V6 Commodore
Level 2 or 3 dash you talking about? A mate is currently in the middle of doing it for his.... hmmm.. cant remember. One with the trip computer. level 3??? anyway. his has been scanned, so if this the one ur after, let us know and ill get a copy of the scanned plates. Cheers.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Here ya go champ. If ya make any changes post em up.
AirStrike :air:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Yes I think you would need some sort of clear media to print on otherwise at night you aren't going to get much dashlight shining through

Cheers.
Jim :cool:

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
3 Hours in the making...
5 Bundy n Cola's
2 Toilet brakes...

This is how far ive come....

Note: Its still not finished & the quality is alot better in photoshop i had to resize this to make it smaller for the upload. I thought the.. Fade effect for the numbers might work.. you can barely notice it though.

Im thinking Because of the amount of white on this dash i wont be able to use Clear Paper*.. SoOo i might head down to Supacheap and pickup some of those LED Lazer Detailing lights (3 should do.. one for each section If they arn't too bright).

:yeah: By the way my Dash Facia is black with the inner part of it Electric Plum Optical FX Paint. Looks Magic. I dont have my car as its in the workshop getting the new exhaust on at the moment. But will get pics up ASAP (Its only a 1990 VN V6 S-pack)

Attachments

• STEPS2.jpg
    STEPS2.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 3,658
Last edited: