Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] Custom inlet manifold VR

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Hello Commodore Knowledge.

I am fitting an intercooler to my V6 and am having problems with reverse plenum It is a VR v6 with a side mount powerdyne CAPA kit, with a custom made inlet manifold to reverse intake. The manifold is just a standard vr with the top chopped off and a ecotec top welded to it. It runs the ecotec T/B which i have extened both sensor plugs for the throttle body.

At the moment it is running N/A so i can fan out the bugs.

So my problem is that the car will drive fine under acceleration but if you try to maintain a constant speed, the engine revs die and only come back on once more throttle is applied.

I have checked all wiring, replace TPS and idle step motor and many other things . The only thing that i can think of is the ecotec throttle body is causeing the drama.

Any suggestions welcome cause i am out of ideas

Attachments

• 24122009447.jpg
    24122009447.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 349

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Yes all lines checked with vacum guage, and some replaced gonig 4 another test drive now.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the best thing would be to hook up a laptop and datalog with software like EFIlive. software is free for trial purposes and a ALDL cable is fairly easy to make or you could possibly buy one from someone on the forum

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
the best thing would be to hook up a laptop and datalog with software like EFIlive. software is free for trial purposes and a ALDL cable is fairly easy to make or you could possibly buy one from someone on the forum

Thanks for the suggestions. I swapped TB with a mates old VS wagon and HEY PRESTO. i worked sweet. So put my TB on his car and it made it play up, soo stoked.

Must be a dodgey TB, now must source another TB.

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
Hello Commodore Knowledge.

I am fitting an intercooler to my V6 and am having problems with reverse plenum It is a VR v6 with a side mount powerdyne CAPA kit, with a custom made inlet manifold to reverse intake. The manifold is just a standard vr with the top chopped off and a ecotec top welded to it. It runs the ecotec T/B which i have extened both sensor plugs for the throttle body.

At the moment it is running N/A so i can fan out the bugs.

So my problem is that the car will drive fine under acceleration but if you try to maintain a constant speed, the engine revs die and only come back on once more throttle is applied.

I have checked all wiring, replace TPS and idle step motor and many other things . The only thing that i can think of is the ecotec throttle body is causeing the drama.

Any suggestions welcome cause i am out of ideas

Hey mate nice manifold. Any more close up pics or info on how you made it?

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Manifold pics

Yeah mate plan to do a bit of a write up once i have cooler pipes done, Will post up heaps of pics and details.