Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

custom VN-VP headlights

tmerivale

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
slight tinting in the headlights creates massive amount when you turn them on, ive seen it first hand in my mates car only last night. yeah it looks tuff during the day but its straight up dangerous at night, vision is only maybe 30 to 40 meters or so. i strongly recommend you not doing this unless its a show car and never gets driven. try it with a spare pair first then make up your mind for whoever wants to give it a shot.

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
What about tinting headlight protectors so that you can take them off at night !!!!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What about tinting headlight protectors so that you can take them off at night !!!!

Cops will still ping you for it even if they are removable.

tmerivale

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
head light covers are the same as the ugly black things that you find on the back windscreen of old peoples cars... both should be made illegal cause they are that ugly. just my opinon anyways. cops can canary brand new cars that havent even left the factory so if they wanna get you they will, dont give them a reason such as tinted headlights ;)

saw a light blue xr6 one day and the tail lights were painted the same color... what the??? was thinking how long before them tail lights see some blue and red ones. interseting to look at but not nice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Take the glass cover off and make up some angel eyes, its simple to do and looks good.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I will in the coming weeks but heres a quick guide.
Remove glass off the headlights.
Buy some 3-4mm clear tubing.
Buy 8 blue or red leds.
Buy some latex tubing to fit inside the 3-4mm tubing.

Measure out how long each piece of tubing needs to be to circle around the lights, also measure and cut thr latex tubing to match.
Get the latex tubing and slice it 3/4 the way through every 1-2mm along the whole length.
Slide the slit latex inside the tube/
Attatch one led to each end of the tube.
Wire up and attatch the tubing to the housing and presto angel eyes.

The latex acts as a neon sign type thing and projects around the tube, looks good ive seen it on someones car here. Ill see if i can find it.

wasa05

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vn 355 stroker
Bankrupt VN custom

Hey Mate,
I have custom headlights in my vn that i altered from a Mistsubishi Verada with the twin lens minor bonnet alterations and electrical connections
But looks good. I have a custom grill as well so that helped make it look factory