Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cut and polish Melbourne?

pedroc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Guys,
Just looking for a quality detailer in Melbourne who can give my VY Wagon a decent cut and polish before I put it on the market. I'm not bothered if they are mobile or I have to take the car to them. Just want someone who knows what they're doing and doesn't screw around!
Any advise/recommendation much appreciated. Also whats a ballpark figure I can expect to pay??
Cheers

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
these are about the only guys i would let near my car in melbourne
immaculate reflections
eurogloss prestige
reflection perfection
final inspection

price.....how long is a piece of string, really depends on you, what you want out of it, how much you want to spend and the condition of the cars paint. could be anywhere between $350-1000. keep in mind quality work costs money so i guess it comes down to what you want
btw cheap and nasty places call it a cut n polish, proper detailers call it paint correction/paint enhancement/paint re-finishing/machine polishing

pedroc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Cheers toey! Appreciate the honest and informative advise!!

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
I'm not a pro by no means, and nor am I a business, a shop or the like, but I'm definitely not cheap and nasty.

I've done a few cars at home, and take care of my neighbors show hq monaro, but as for toeys advice, i would take it, as I know of some backyarders who I wouldn't let "cut and polish" my mower, wheel barrow or anything. I had to correct what someone had "fixed" and it was ugly.

Whatever you do, do not go to the "cheapest" quickest dude available.

Good luck :)

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
yeah true about backyarders......but i work from home, i have built a workshop out my back yard due to the rent in this mining town being $800+ a week for a shed. also reflection perfection works from home. the biggest difference is we have insurance and i cant stress enough how important this is as accidents happen, from something falling onto a panel, hitting it with another car or worse still it could be stolen!! **** happens and you want piece of mind that your baby will be covered no matter what the situation. not trying to put you down dude as thats how i started on friends cars but i wouldnt work on anyone elses car with out insurance.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
^^ no offense taken, and truly well spoken words, couldn't agree more.

And in this day and age, insurance is THE priority when it comes to small business, as like you said, even dropping your DA for example on a Corvette for argument sake, could spell the end of all the hard work you've put in over the years.