Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damage Assessments Please!

churnit

Cheap parts!
Reaction score
Im no panel beater but the only way to fix a sill would be slide hammer or pulling jig. They would weld little pins on the dents and pull on them. If its any more than minor damage welding on a new one would be the way to go.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
HOLY F*&^ *cries*
sorry to see this man,

you'll have to bash it out the bottom of the door frame a bit then fill it with some thing good, cant remember the stuff they use (you see it on pimp my ride a bit with the dinged up cars)

the guard CAN be saved, mate those panels are flimsy, just get out off the car, and take it to a beater, they'll beable to beat it straight, then fill it again or get a new one and cut the flute out?

so what exactly happened, how did a bike slide into you? your fault or his?
sad day for modified cars :(

you can get the skirts recast easy from the looks of it i dont think the skirt would be repairable

id say $500 if u did it yourself ish, but for a insurance quote id go with $1500ish

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
OUCH, obviously its his fault then, you were doing nothing wrong, make him pay for the damage get the police involved and round up witnessess,

was he ok??? a stupid mirage run up the back of a bike then into my mate @ 75 km a hour, saw the bike, was a harley BEATIFUL beast destroyed by a stupid blind driver who DIDNT EVEN BRAKE and wrote off 3 cars and one bike with no sign of breaking whatso ever, hes up for about 10 chargers and probbly jail time if the biker dies

but yeah, not your fault get him to pay for it!

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
Fender is repairable. door can be bought side skirt can be bought and the sill panel can be repaired very easy

If you need to do it yourself in the end let me know ill help ya out with that place

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The only time consuming thing will be tacking on a new sill panel, but it's not the end of the world, you just cut the old spot welds out and pull it off, put the new one on and weld. Then just bolt your new door and gaurd on and your mint again. You can get VN gaurds and doors for almost nothing, but you might want to bog the gaurd or weld a new bit on the bottom if your VZ flutes are important to you :)

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
dude thats nasty sad to see on such a sweet looking car
ok with the gaurd just get the botom off an old one and get it welded on
the door needs to be replaced
you will be abil to get a sill made up, cut the old one out and get it welded in
did it bend the floor pan???

the insurance mobs are slack as when it comes to paying out. when i was ran into in my hz it took 3 weeks for them to ok the work to be done because the stupid bi**h said it was my fault when she came out of a side street